Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thoughts on the game

Hybrid View

Thoughts on the game

First of all, this was the first time I sat in the club seats (won a raffle at work) and they're just wonderful.

I also cannot believe how lucky we got with the weather after a week of 90+ degrees and some thunderstorms - it ended up being a beautiful evening for a game.

On to the game:
    Joe Mays obviously stinks.

David Weathers stunk tonight, but the rest of the bullpen came up big.

Bill Hall, Reds-killer, still lives.

The Reds had trouble against the Brewers bullpen after doing well against Bush.

Freel & Hatterberg were terrific, as was Dunn. I was surprised Narron sent up Aurillia for Hatterberg, but Rich made a terrific throw on the double play in the 9th - it would have been easy to hit the runner in the back, so props to him for that play.

Also, Brandon Phillips' catch may have been the best defensive play I've seen in person. It was just a wonderful effort, and to dive & catch a ball over his shoulder like that was terrific. Just an excellent play.

Overall, I still enjoy GAB and am glad I saw another win and so many fine performances by the good guys (trying to focus on the positive )

Re: Thoughts on the game

Oh yeah - the Reds' Hall of Fame is quite excellent. It was pretty cool to see the "final out ball" from the 1919 World Series and to see some film from that series as well. A lot of good stuff in there.

Also, Brandon Phillips' catch may have been the best defensive play I've seen in person. It was just a wonderful effort, and to dive & catch a ball over his shoulder like that was terrific. Just an excellent play.
    I was there and that was one fantastic catch. One I hope that is stuck on the highlight reals for a long time to come.

He was running flat out towards center (with back to ball obviously) has a little last minute adjustment and then catches the ball, over his shoulder while diving to the ground. Simply amazing.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Honestly, I am begining to like this Brewers/Reds rivalry of sorts.

I know it's not a true rivalry, but it has the makings of one. They seem to always beat up on the Reds. They also have a very likeable guy that just destroys this team in Bill Hall.

I look forward to the Brewers now. It's funny because I hated them for so long, and Tommy Hume once banned me from going to Brewer games.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder
    I was surprised Narron sent up Aurillia for Hatterberg, but Rich made a terrific throw on the double play in the 9th - it would have been easy to hit the runner in the back, so props to him for that play.
    Narron's moves never work.

It was a perfect night for a ballgame, and we had a blast. Lots of good plays and good offense....but Joe Mays and David Weathers almost ruined it for us.

Hope today's game is just as fun.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Turn Off Ads?