Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scavenging the Dodgers' corpse

Man Pills

Scavenging the Dodgers' corpse

The Dodgers are dead--and they have some tasty middle relievers...and Brad Penny. Are there any matches for any of their arms? Any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scavenging the Dodgers' corpse

Only 3.5 back, they won't give up.
    Go Gators!

Man Pills

They should give up. They might be 6 or 7 back of the Wild Card on July 31, with several teams to leapfrog in their own division. A smart team reassesses at that point. A dumb team "goes for it."

Well one thing is for sure, they should give up playing the Cardinals...good lord.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Well one thing is for sure, they should give up playing the Cardinals...good lord.
    My Cardinals are now 6-0 against them this season with one game left to play. I wish they were in the central.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey
    My Cardinals are now 6-0 against them this season with one game left to play. I wish they were in the central.
    You Own them?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I would love Takashi Saito, but I'm afraid his contract and the attendant difficulties of having a Japanese pitcher (i.e., interpreter, media, etc.) would kill any such deal before it even got off the ground.

go ahead and add the Astros and Brewers to the death watch.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    go ahead and add the Astros and Brewers to the death watch.

I was just thinking that last night, but wait a minute!! ESPN still says the Astros are going to win the wild card, so it must be true.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    They should give up. They might be 6 or 7 back of the Wild Card on July 31, with several teams to leapfrog in their own division. A smart team reassesses at that point. A dumb team "goes for it."
    But they are only 3.5 back now. I'm guessing they will wait to see if they are indeed 6-7 games back before pulling the trigger. And teams out of it will generally only trade FA's to be. The Dodgers wouldn't have a general fire sale of young cheap talent.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    But they are only 3.5 back now. I'm guessing they will wait to see if they are indeed 6-7 games back before pulling the trigger. And teams out of it will generally only trade FA's to be. The Dodgers wouldn't have a general fire sale of young cheap talent.
    Well, I am talking about guys like Carrara and Penny--not exactly spring chickens.

If ever there was a time so far this season to run off a massive winning streak, this week would be it. Win today, then roll over both Houston and Milwaukee (again) on the road over the next week, and we'll be lookin' nice.

Not only would that put us right up in the Cardinals' face, but it could force Houston or Milwaukee to possibly consider selling instead of buying or sitting still. If they're only five or six games behind us, I can't see them selling, but if they're nine games back of the wildcard following a beatdown from us, the chances of them raising the white flag altogether would be greatly increased.

I don't realistically see any of the above happening, but it's a nice thought to have anyway.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Penny doesn't have 10/5 rights yet does he? Just wondering if eh would even accept a deal to come here if he does...

Count me in the crowd that would love to see him here provided we don't have to mortgage the whole farm to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    Penny doesn't have 10/5 rights yet does he? Just wondering if eh would even accept a deal to come here if he does...
    Nope.

I'd love to see Penny here, I have a feeling though the Dodgers would ask the moon for him.
    Go Gators!

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Nope.

I'd love to see Penny here, I have a feeling though the Dodgers would ask the moon for him.
    I'm with ya on that one.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Turn Off Ads?