Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EE not playing so aurilia can hit into dps

EE not playing so aurilia can hit into dps

this years version of casey, It is amazing that ee does not play every day

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: EE not playing so aurilia can hit into dps

I agree!!! It's also amazing that WK called up Denorfia to sit the bench.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDavidKY
    Yeah...for an "everyday player", he's missing an awful lot of starts.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDavidKY
    Krivsky has said numerous times that it's up to Narron how he uses the players. Also, what does Aurilia playing have to do with Deno?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I love EE but comparing Aurilia to Casey not even close. Casey has thus far in his career has GIDP 136 times in 4716 plate appearences. Rich has GIDP 113 times in 5142 trips. Ripkin is the all time leader by the way with 350 I believe. I do hope we are showcasing Rich for a trade though.

Yep, we are showcasing him. Until the last few days, I thought we were showcasing Denorfia too.

Why the dislike of Rich? He's been a good player for the Reds, and for a backup/platoon player (or extra infielder, or whatever term you wish to use), I don't know who could do the job better than he has. Who would take his spot on the roster - Olmedo or Bergolla?

As for Deno, perhaps his playing time is based on performance. Griffey's obviously going to be starting virtually everyday and Dunn should as well, so should Denofria start ahead of Freel? Ryan does not seem to be an everyday player, so Chris should get some time, but if both are available, Freel's the better option.

Of course, they could put Chris in RF & Freel at 3B and bench Edwin, but I guess that wouldn't be any better, would it?

Silly Narron - playing guys who produce. What's he thinking?

Roster glue

Casey grounds into DPs about once every 35 AB for his career as a LH hitter. Aurilia, though lead-footed, hits into them at a reduced rate from Casey, but his 6 GIDP this season (stats per ESPN) is about average--your slow RH hitters are expected to do so every now and then. Three this homestand just make it seem like more.

EE hit into the same number of DP as Aurilia last season (8) in half the PA. He should be playing more, IMO, but Aurilia has been hot and is having the second-best season of his career OPS-wise. Narron overvalues Aurilia, but he does have value.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder
    Why the dislike of Rich? He's been a good player for the Reds, and for a backup/platoon player (or extra infielder, or whatever term you wish to use), I don't know who could do the job better than he has. Who would take his spot on the roster - Olmedo or Bergolla?

As for Deno, perhaps his playing time is based on performance. Griffey's obviously going to be starting virtually everyday and Dunn should as well, so should Denofria start ahead of Freel? Ryan does not seem to be an everyday player, so Chris should get some time, but if both are available, Freel's the better option.

Of course, they could put Chris in RF & Freel at 3B and bench Edwin, but I guess that wouldn't be any better, would it?

Silly Narron - playing guys who produce. What's he thinking?
    They could move Phillips to short and play Aurilia or Freel at 2nd base. We know that's not happenning this year though.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The Buckeye Bomber

I'd really rather not trade Rich.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Every game the reds lose someone complains about something Narron did. I didn't here anyone complain last night when Freel was playing over Deno but today I guess it's a bad move because the reds lost. The fans have been on Aurilia for two years and he has done nothing but produce. That is why he is playing every day. When he cools of he will lose playing time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

James, I would buy that idea, except Edwin has been even hotter than Rich and keeps getting to play every third day....its not becuase Rich is hot, its becuase Narron likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by James B.
    Every game the reds lose someone complains about something Narron did. I didn't here anyone complain last night when Freel was playing over Deno but today I guess it's a bad move because the reds lost. The fans have been on Aurilia for two years and he has done nothing but produce. That is why he is playing every day. When he cools of he will lose playing time.
    no he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    James, I would buy that idea, except Edwin has been even hotter than Rich and keeps getting to play every third day....its not becuase Rich is hot, its becuase Narron likes him.

He likes him because he produces.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He produces what? Today he started against a right handed pitcher. Aurilia CANT hit right handed pitching. He hasnt produced against right handers all year.

Turn Off Ads?