Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EE not playing so aurilia can hit into dps

Re: EE not playing so aurilia can hit into dps

I was fine with them playing Aurilia. But, they should have started Rich at SS (instead of Castro) and played EdE at 3rd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    J....its not becuase Rich is hot, its becuase Narron likes him.
    That's just bunk.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    its not becuase Rich is hot, its becuase Narron likes him.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aurilia is coming off of a career long hitting streak? I think these past few weeks he has been rather hot.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Which is true and has already been covered. Edwin has been hotter, despite Richs hitting streak. No one is saying dont play Rich. Most are just saying dont play Rich at third base every game he is going to play.

I wonder if the Reds are really overvaluing RA to the point of them thinking he might be returning to his form when he was with the Giants, but you also have to think that the time after he left the Giants and the time from when he joined the Reds, those years were really bad for Rich if I remember correctly (mind you, I am just basing this on my memory not on actual stats I am looking at) and the way he is performing now is a great deal better, no?

I just looked it up and I believe I am referring to his 2004 season with SEA and SD where he hit only 6 HR 44 RBI .246 BA .314 OBP .353 SLG 98 Hits in 399 At Bats. That is a huge dropoff from his SF hey dey and his two seasons here in Cincy he has doubled this performance almost and this season he shows signs of getting close to that 20 Homer plateau hopefully.

This is why I think they MIGHT be holding onto RA and also why he may be playing more often. Just think he could possibly return to his SF hey dey of say 1999 to 2002. Especially that 2001 season, boy what a turn of the tide that would be, huh? But everybody and their brother probably knows that may never happen once again!
    Last edited by crazybob60; 07-23-2006 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDavidKY
    I agree!!! It's also amazing that WK called up Denorfia to sit the bench.

Freel is on Fire in case you missed. I guess RA is pretty hot too, but I want to see some EE too!
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1
    I guess RA is pretty hot too, but I want to see some EE too!
    You might be on the wrong board for that.

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    this years version of casey, It is amazing that ee does not play every day
    Bah... what he has 7? Kearns had 14... in half a season... yet, nary a mention.
    Last edited by westofyou; 07-23-2006 at 09:29 PM.

The good problem to have is guys like Free, Phillips, Hatte, and even RA are all playing well. Add EE and getting Ross back it's going to be impossible to play them all. Narron is not going to keep everyone happy. Well, except for RA.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

I like RA and have no problem with him playing what so ever. But him playing should not cost EE starts and at-bats. They should go back to using him like they did at the beginning of the year as a platoon with Hattieberg at first and for spot starts at SS, 2B, and 3B. You could play him 3 out of 5 games without him costing EE playing time.
    If they aren't going to play EE they should have traded him instead of Austin. Its not like he isn't working to correct his fielding problems. Most of his errors are out of agression, which I feel is more tolerable than passive errors.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    If they aren't going to play EE they should have traded him instead of Austin.
    Good plan .

Maybe we could throw Homer Bailey into the trade as well since we obviously aren't going to call him up this season.

Got that Wayne, anyone not in today's line-up might as well be traded since Narron isn't going to use them.

I just don't want to hear any complaints when Freel crashes into a wall and Wise is your new starting RFer or when Rich pulls a hamstring and Castro is the everyday thrid bagger.

The Reds have some depth. I have no problem with that. RA is not a spring chicken and that position is Edwin's for the future as long as he remains a Red. I don't think trading him because he isn't being used as much as some would like, this particular week is the best idea.

I think people need to take a step back on this whole Edwin thing. The guy isn't Frank Robinson, lets try to remember that. And Rich isn't exactly Pokey Reese with the stick. But you'd think so reading this board.

What a pathetic thread title, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1
    The good problem to have is guys like Free, Phillips, Hatte, and even RA are all playing well. Add EE and getting Ross back it's going to be impossible to play them all. Narron is not going to keep everyone happy. Well, except for RA.

It is a very good problem to have. Rich plays multiple positions and so does Freel it gives the Reds so much more flexibility than other teams have. I would however like to see Rich get dealt for some pitching. But if he stays I will be happy.

EdE lost his job because of injury. He was one of the teams best run producers when he got hurt, and probably still is now. He is a doubles machine. I know Narron is old school, so what happened to not losing your job bc of injury?

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    EdE lost his job because of injury. He was one of the teams best run producers when he got hurt, and probably still is now. He is a doubles machine. I know Narron is old school, so what happened to not losing your job bc of injury?
    ... must only applies to scrappy veteran types.

BTW, EE is OPSing well over 1200 since coming off the DL. He is beyond hot.
    Last edited by flyer85; 07-24-2006 at 12:56 AM.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

but not as hot as Aurilia, I guess

Turn Off Ads?