Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rich Aurillia Should Play SS!

"Spicy Habanero"

Rich Aurillia Should Play SS!

How bout this scenario, try it for one game If it fails then go back to what they've been doing. You play Rich as the everyday shortstop with Clayton and Castro relieving him in spells. This gives you a choice of their three bats with Rich getting the most AB's. This also keeps Edwin's bat in the line up everyday as well, with Freel spelling Edwin rarely and splitting time with Deno in RF. I think this gives us our best offensive potential. Naron isn't scared to play Rich at SS. So you know he'll do it. Why not try this for a game and see what happens? What are your thoughts?
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rich Aurillia Should Play SS!

No. We might as well dig up the statue at Fountain Square and put it at SS. She has more range than the Statue of Aurilia.

Take Phillips, put him at SS and leave him alone. Play EdE at 3rd. If you have to play Aurilia because he's hot play him at 2nd.
    Last edited by Heath; 07-24-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

aurilia could barely cover the ground inside the circumference of an on deck circle

Rich Aurilia has the range of an angel dancing on the head of a pin.

Reds had shift on the other day, and the Mets announcers were speculating that the runner at second could easily beat Aurilia to the third base bag.

I thought that it was a great point. He's not moving well. Were he shortstop or second base, he'd have to play very close to the bag just to cover on DPs.

I thought that it was a great point. He's not moving well.
    I've seen him grab at his right hammy several times in the past 2 weeks, he has leg problems and chances are they will pop like a weasle before you know it.

aurilia could barely play short on my sons travel team(age 13)

"Spicy Habanero"

Well we know Naron isnt scared to play him there he almost played SS during the game where we only had Castro as SS. Naron told him to be ready to play SS and he said that suited him fine because thats his most comfortable position. I would agree to put Phillips there as would anyone but Naron won't do it! He's more inclined to play Rich there. Have him play one game there see how he does If he cant hack him take him out.. There's no harm in trying because we all know with Hatte Rich and EE in the lineup all at the same time that is the most potent. You can't tell me this couldnt possibly work..
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

Narron loves Aurilia to the point, where he might consider playing him as middle reliever

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I've seen him grab at his right hammy several times in the past 2 weeks, he has leg problems and chances are they will pop like a weasle before you know it.
    Reds badly need to go to an 11 man pitching staff to have a chance at substituting for guys like Aurilia when he's on during critical times like he was vs. Mets. But until the 7-inning relief games go away, it's not happening.

The Reds only care if the SS can make the routine plays. So it may not be a bad idea if that is all you are concerned with.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

You can't tell me this couldnt possibly work..
    Yes.. we can.

The Reds could erect an obelisk to honor Larkin and Concepcion at short and it would likely have better range then Aurlia.

"Spicy Habanero"

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    Narron loves Aurilia to the point, where he might consider playing him as middle reliever
    Agreed so this is the best scenario to try. If it doesnt work they'll know a couple innings in and can make the switch back with out alot of loss. Aurillia is old so you spell him as much as he needs it with Castro and Clayton. This could really work...

Yes, Rich Aurilia should play SS ... unfortunately he's no longer any good at it.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The Reds could erect an obelisk to honor Larkin and Concepcion at short and it would likely have better range then Aurlia.
    That would be impressive seeing as how there's already one in centerfield honoring Ken Griffey Jr. We could have our own Monument Park.

Oddly, stranger things have been done than playing Aurilia at SS. Like Joe Mays getting starts and EE not playing.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?