Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWIW- Odell Thurman Rumors

FWIW- Odell Thurman Rumors

I hate to be one to perpetuate rumors when they are merely that, especially if they have negative connotations for another person, but I thought given light of recent events I would share this with the Bengal fans on this board...

There are wide rumors circulating amongst Bengal insiders that Odell Thurman is addicted to meth, (some say its crank), and has lost 50 lbs this offseason alone. He has recently checked into a rehab facilitiy, and the Bengals are prepared to be without him for the rest of this season, and maybe for the rest of his career. I hope these prove to be unsubstantiated rumors, but given his recent suspension, and the shadiness of the situation surrounding it (including his missing minicamp for "personal reasons"), I am preparing for the worst.

Hopefully its not true, but if it is would shed a LOT more light on the recent drafting of Ahmad Brooks despite the presence of Landon Johnson, Caleb Miller, et al.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FWIW- Odell Thurman Rumors

afaik crank and meth are the same nasty thing.

that **** will kill you faster than you can say "where are my teeth?"
    School's out. What did you expect?

Crank?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner
    Crank?

that's what they called meth back in the 80's
    School's out. What did you expect?

The Buckeye Bomber

Wow, the Bengals are having a downright awful year, if this is true.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

God hates Bengals' fans.

I don't know. My oldest son loves Caleb Miller if only because they share first names.

More playing time for Caleb is good in my household.

(ed. note - Yes, those who know me know I like the boys from Cleveland. But, my oldest is different. As long as it's not the Steelers or Michigan, it's cool. )
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    that's what they called meth back in the 80's
    but it's got a different meaning these days.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana
    I hate to be one to perpetuate rumors when they are merely that, especially if they have negative connotations for another person, but I thought given light of recent events I would share this with the Bengal fans on this board...

There are wide rumors circulating amongst Bengal insiders that Odell Thurman is addicted to meth, (some say its crank), and has lost 50 lbs this offseason alone. He has recently checked into a rehab facilitiy, and the Bengals are prepared to be without him for the rest of this season, and maybe for the rest of his career. I hope these prove to be unsubstantiated rumors, but given his recent suspension, and the shadiness of the situation surrounding it (including his missing minicamp for "personal reasons"), I am preparing for the worst.

Hopefully its not true, but if it is would shed a LOT more light on the recent drafting of Ahmad Brooks despite the presence of Landon Johnson, Caleb Miller, et al.
    Yikes!

That really sucks if it is true.

Hopefully this is just internet rumor.

But if it's not, how we lookin'?

Not good.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Rumors going around is that Marvin is planning on making Odell the fall guy.

Cutting your leading tackler and future defensive star after his rookie year after he has fallen would definitely get the teams attention. I hate to see it, but if it needs to be done, do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Odell is scheduled to be at training camp when it opens, then we can see if there are truth to the rumors or if its all just speculation.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I've been looking around to see if I can find more on this, but I haven't found anything. If Odell is scheduled to be at training camp, then I guess we'll know more when it opens, like Joseph says.

Either he's a no-show, which raises flags, shows and looks horrible, which also raises flags, or he shows and looks prepared and ready to go.

Hopefully he just shows up and is ready to go.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

This is an article from over a week ago on the Odell situation by Lance. Take it for what its worth.

Odell Thurman:
    "Odell made a critical mistake in judgment and will pay the price for this.
    I do believe he understand what he did and now knows he needs to move on. Although, he will move forward, I'm not so sure that Mike Brown can after Odell lied directly to his face about what occurred. Stay tuned I'm not sure how this will play out, but as of now Odell is not in good graces with ownership or the NFL."
    What happens without Odell?
    "I do not expect Bengal fans to see a let down as Brian Simmons moves to the inside and Landon Johnson moves to the weak side. Depth wise they have Rashad Jeanty who they plan to use as a rushing linebacker to spell Johnson on the weak side. Nicholson will develop as a middle linebacker, while Ahmad Brooks will be used at all three positions. Depth wise the team is in good shape. Worst case, you switch Simmons and Johnson and your fine. Johnson led the team in tackles while playing the middle, but the team would rather see him in coverage more to take advantage of his range."
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Hopefully this is just internet rumor.

But if it's not, how we lookin'?

Not good.
    We lookin good.

Miller/JOhnson/Nichloson/Brooks/Jantey are all players.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Turn Off Ads?