Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Countdown to July 31 - Who do Reds get?

Re: Countdown to July 31 - Who do Reds get?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I liked Hernandez, but I think he's done.
    He was done last season and didn't know it.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have a crazy feeling we are going about Livan Hernandez even thow I would rather have Leiber.

Are they any slightest hope we could pull off a trade with the Brewers and get Hall?? He has beat us so many times I think we should try and trade for him.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

How about Humberto Sanchez from Detroit?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I still see us going after Lohse, Redman, or Lidle. We need a 5th starter and with the current market we should be able to land one with a package of young guys as we will be taking on salary in the deal.

Twins/Reds: Kyle Lohse to Reds for Javon Moran and low A prospect

KC/Reds: Mark Redman to Reds for William Bergolla and Ty Pelland

Philly/Reds: Cory LIdle to Reds for Ty Pelland and low A guy

Orioles/Reds: Kris Benson to Reds for Sam lecure, Ty Pelland and Javier Valentin

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

No Lidle, please...been there, done that.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Lidle or Mays and Milton?

Lidle.
    Go Gators!

He was, after all, an Opening Day starter. Doesn't that mean anything?

The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I'm scared to think of what Bowden will try to extract out of Wayne for Hernandez

If we aren't going to trade the big 3 prospects (Bruce, Wood, Homer) our options are going to be pretty limited.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I actually like that idea - which ensures it will never happen.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Just a guess with my crystal ball:

Reds trade a Class A prospect for Cleveland outfielder Todd Hollandsworth. (Reds get a veteran lefthanded hitter to come off the bench and is upgrade over DeWayne Wise).

Reds trade Claussen, LaRue, Dumtrait to the Phillies for RHP Jon Lieber, catcher Mike Lieberthal and LHP Rheal Cormier.

Despite his record, Lieber is a proven winner and is an upgrade over Claussen. Lieberthal is just a rental and the Reds take him to offset LaRue's contract. Cormier is a rental too but he provides insurance as a third lefthanded reliever....especially if Mercker is unable to return for the stretch run.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Not bad, Krusty.

Hollandsworth makes sense. You keep Deno as the righty hitting outfielder and add Hollandsworth from the left side. Gives you a little lefty pinch hitting depth along with Valentin.

Lieber also makes sense. He hasn't had a good year, but that may help get him from Phils. When healthy, he's a solid guy. (I think Benson would be slightly better, but might cost more in return.)

I don't know about the Lieberthal piece, but your point about offsetting salary is a good one.

To me, Kansas City, Phil, and Baltimore are the logical trade partners.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    It's nice to know that Royce will be the SS as they crash and burn (in combo with Rich and Hatty at the corners).

Might want to check out Hatty's crash and burn in the last two months of the pennant race last year(OPS .632 and .548), he almost singelhandedly pulled down the A's and seeing his current OPS is over 100 points higher than his career best I have a good guess what is coming.
    The power of positive thinking.

Phillies and Yankees just made a deal which catcher Sal Fasano was sent to the Yankees. But I do believe they will move Lieberthal because he is at the end of his career. If that is the case, then the Phillies will need a catcher come 2007 and LaRue might have some appeal.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?