Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Marty say something offensive a couple days ago?

Did Marty say something offensive a couple days ago?

I couldn't listen to the games the last couple days, but I heard that there was an email about Marty saying something that he never should have said on the air. He said that he went too far and was going to talk about it later during his show. Anyone know what he said? Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Did Marty say something offensive a couple days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    I heard that there was an email about Marty saying something that he never should have said on the air. Anyone know what he said?
    "...and that just proves what a truly outstanding ballplayer Adam Dunn is."
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

"I was wrong about < insert remark here >"

OOOOOOOOhhh, this is like today's caption contest.

'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I expected these responses....anyone know for real?

It was something like this, some fans thought Marty was against having doubleheaders if there was a rain out. Marty isn't against them, only said he and the team prefer waiting the rain out and play on the scheduled day. It won't tax the bullpen that way. Marty was just tired answering email about it and he got testy. He said sorry for it yesteday.

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron
    It was something like this, some fans thought Marty was against having doubleheaders if there was a rain out. Marty isn't against them, only said he and the team prefer waiting the rain out and play on the scheduled day. It won't tax the bullpen that way. Marty was just tired answering email about it and he got testy. He said sorry for it yesteday.
    Thanks.

Did he mention how doubleheaders affect his golf schedule?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Sorry, I'll stop now.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron
    That was the first time I've listened to Marty all season and he did get "short" and referenced his "own Hall of fame career" when a guy slammed him by saying "Waite Hoyt, a real hall of famer used to do doublehearders by himself, much like pitchers used to pitch nine innings a game."

Marty wasn't having it.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I listened to Marty read an e-mail while I was listening to the XM yesterday. This "fan" really ripped Marty AND took a shot at Thom. Maybe this is what you are referring too? Marty had some turse words and carried it pretty far. IMO he was right to do so and shame on someone for setting Marty up like that.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    I couldn't listen to the games the last couple days, but I heard that there was an email about Marty saying something that he never should have said on the air. He said that he went too far and was going to talk about it later during his show. Anyone know what he said? Thanks.
    If I'm remembering correctly, Marty received an email during one of the broadcasts from a fan wondering why the Reds/MLB allowed the Friday night game to even been played, when it was restarted at 10pm. The fan wrote it wasn't fair to fans. Marty stated that there is no way baseball players, managers, umpires and even broadcasters want to do double headers, whether they are twi-night or day-night doubleheaders. This prompted a slew of fan email responses. This prompted Marty to pop off but I don't remember him using any taboo words or anything. Finally, he received an email but he didn't read it - he said he was going to use that email as a basis for a segment on his show that he does with Tracy Jones.

Of course, I might have missed something.

Edit: Dang... when I wrote my reply, no one had responded.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That was the first time I've listened to Marty all season and he did get "short" and referenced his "own Hall of fame career" when a guy slammed him by saying "Waite Hoyt, a real hall of famer used to do doublehearders by himself, much like pitchers used to pitch nine innings a game."

Marty wasn't having it.
    Ok I heard that one too. I figured he reacted more harsh to the slam towards his son.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Sounds like Marty loves getting emails.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRedinCT
    If I'm remembering correctly, Marty received an email during one of the broadcasts from a fan wondering why the Reds/MLB allowed the Friday night game to even been played, when it was restarted at 10pm. The fan wrote it wasn't fair to fans. Marty stated that there is no way baseball players, managers, umpires and even broadcasters want to do double headers, whether they are twi-night or day-night doubleheaders. This prompted a slew of fan email responses. This prompted Marty to pop off but I don't remember him using any taboo words or anything. Finally, he received an email but he didn't read it - he said he was going to use that email as a basis for a segment on his show that he does with Tracy Jones.

Of course, I might have missed something.

Edit: Dang... when I wrote my reply, no one had responded.
    The email where he stated he would make that part of the segment with TJ, the guy basically told Marty he was sick of "Marty". His attitude or some nonsense.

The next email was about Homer Bailey, and Marty said "Boy, it's nice to have a topic we can talk about ad-nauseum (sp?)" I got a laugh out of that one.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Turn Off Ads?