Turn Off Ads?

Thread: PNC Park threatens to leave Pittsburgh?

PNC Park threatens to leave Pittsburgh?

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: PNC Park threatens to leave Pittsburgh?

I hope this doesn't highjack the thread, but in the same issue as an additional sidebar was this item:

Jose Canseco Names 10,000 Baseball Players
    July 20, 2006 | Onion Sports

WASHINGTON, DC—While speaking to reporters Tuesday, Jose Canseco released the names of 10,000 current and former baseball players whom he alleges have taken part in the sport at some point during their lives. "Tim Teufel, Jim Abbot, Henry 'Hank' Aaron, Sid Fernandez, Mike Piazza, Graig Nettles, Ken Griffey Jr., Ken Griffey Sr., Chris Sabo, Dave Valle, Erubiel Durazo, Pat Listach, Carney Lansford, Terry Steinbach, Gary Gaetti," said Canseco at one point during his 14-hour statement. "Eddie Murray, Eddie Matthews, Eddie Guardado, while we're on Eddies, there's Eddie Cicotte… Um, Babe Ruth obviously, Jay Gibbons, Henry Blanco, Ralph Kiner, Darren Daulton, me, Cap Anson, Willie Bloomquist, Henry Rodriguez..." Canseco added that, if necessary, he can name thousands of other players, as long as he is granted access to official Hall Of Fame records or the 2006 edition of the Baseball Encyclopedia.

Jose Canseco released the names of 10,000 current and former baseball players whom he alleges have taken part in the sport at some point during their lives.
    "taken part in the sport"? What the heck does that mean?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    It means those players actually played baseball. It's a joke.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

If PNC is going FA we need to make an offer, GAB is nice and all..but we could get a few great minor league parks for it and not miss a beat with PNC moving in.
    Go Gators!

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    If PNC is going FA we need to make an offer, GAB is nice and all..but we could get a few great minor league parks for it and not miss a beat with PNC moving in.
    from what I have heard PNC is one of the best around.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

I don't know...I hear it's a real sellers market and we may have to give up too much in return for PNC. You can't ignore the value proposition in the deal.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

All dyslexics must untie!

PNC is using the threat of relocation to leverage better tax breaks from the state's legislature/taxpayers...all in an effort to line his pockets, of course.
    Never overlook the obvious

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I hear Krivsky wants to pick up the Metrodome when it's DFA'd

The Dome is done, be hosting in the mexican leagues soon.
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I used to read The Onion before it had a web site. It's kind of a running joke there that the writers will throw in phrases in a stilted 19th-century style for added comedic effect.
    /r/reds

bigger tax breaks is another way of saying a free ride on the backs of the tax payers and a larger profit for those in the glass booths. It sounds like tax cuts but is actually tax shuffling.

Turn Off Ads?