Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds are done dealing?

I'm toolsy.

Reds are done dealing?

In checking through the major sources of trade deadline information this morning, it appears as if the "experts" believe that the Reds are not currently invloved in any deals and are probably done with pre-deadline moves altogether. I checked: cbs.sportsline.com, mlbtraderumors.com, yahoosports.com, and every reds site I could find. I see no mention of the Reds substantiated involvement in ANYTHING. Is this good? Bad? You you think there are more moves on the horizon? Is Wayne K in a holding pattern? Can he aquire help for this team PAST the non-waiver deadline?

I personally think that the offense and the bench are playoff caliber. I would like to see an offensive upgrade at SS, but that is not as important as filling the other holes on this team, namely the #4 and #5 starters. What are your thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds are done dealing?

Wayne might be keeping things under wraps right now. I doubt he's done dealing.

I don't think he's done talking, that's for sure. Done dealing? That mostly depends on what's out there and what they are willing to take. You've heard recent mention of the Reds being in on Ray King for LaRue. Don't know if that will get done, kind of doubt it, but that's just proof that Kriv isn't done trying to make a move to help the team.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

after the Nats deal, Wayne K's phone number is on every GM's speed dial. I went to HS with a girl named "Easy Lay" Hadaway-- she was possibly more popular than Wayne right now. But maybe not.

If Wayne isn't done it had better be a starting pitcher he is after(and he needn't be picky). When Joe Mays is your 5th starter and your only supposed solution is a sore armed pitcher who hasn't thrown in two weeks you are beyond desperate. Every day Mays goes out there you just get farther behind the 8 ball. In addition, Milty is unlikely to help and there chances are good that Ramirez may not either.

Welcome back Ricardo!

Wayne is a little gun shy after his last trade, (lost confidence?). No one in there right mind would have picked the Reds this year to be contending at this juncture in the season. Wayne's 2007 and beyond plans have shifted. The starting pitching still needs addressed, but the only chips that will get you a SP are in the minors and are the Reds future. Wayne's plan is to build a contender for years to come, not just this year. Is Wayne done making trades this season? Maybe.

The reason so many teams feel they are still in the wild card race is because the Reds are leading, and they all feel that Reds will fall off. How can a team picked to be last in the NL central win the wild card, let alone the division? I feel that the big trade, made by Wayne, not only scared himself but everyone in the wild card race. Other GM's are waiting for the Reds to fall, but Wayne is looking at ways to get the Reds into the post season without damaging the future.

I'm toolsy.

I agree Ricardo. Mays has got to go and I think that Redmon of the Royals has been hot enough lately to deserve some serious attention. He pitched a 1-0 (loss) complete game against the BoSox recently and his June / July numbers have been good. Even if he is a .500 pitcher the rest of the year, that is a HUGE upgrade from Mays.

Everything will depend on how Claussens rehab start goes on Weds if he gets shelled or the shoulder doesn't feel right Wayne will make a deal. If he feels good than I think they plug him into the 5th starter role.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover
    Wayne is a little gun shy after his last trade, (lost confidence?).
    There isn't much to be had, the problem is the Reds need options beyond a question mark at 3 and huge problems at 4/5. They need some depth so maybe is they bring in a Lohse and a Redman they might at least find one to help. Let's be honest, the Reds are stuck with Milton in the rotation. What they really need are options which is what they have none of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    Everything will depend on how Claussens rehab start goes on Weds if he gets shelled or the shoulder doesn't feel right Wayne will make a deal. If he feels good than I think they plug him into the 5th starter role.
    He needs to make a deal even if Claussens shoulder feels fine. He needs to hedge his bet and have another option beyond Claussen being healthy and effective.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Wayne might be keeping things under wraps right now. I doubt he's done dealing.

He's the anti Jim Bowden of leaking details.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    He's the anti Jim Bowden of leaking details.
    I would suppose he is not above leaking if he thought it would be to his advantage.

I think JB leaked the supposed Soriano deal because he doesn't like what the Pale Hose are offering and hopes he can stimulate somebody to attempt to play some defense.

Krivsky done dealing? I doubt it especially when the need for a fifth starter and bench help still pressing.

Question Wayne has to deal with is which prospects is he willing to give up because he pretty much has dealt what was tradeable at the major league level.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

If you're hearing about potential trades via the rumor mill, those are probably the ones that are dead. The ones you don't hear about have a chance.

Turn Off Ads?