Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds are done dealing?

Re: Reds are done dealing?

Was the rumor mill going prior to the Kearns/Lopez deal?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I believe that Wayne K. isn't done dealing at all and I also think that he is keeping very tight lipped about any future deals or possible deals he may make. I think the next deal will be in the next week and I still think it will turn heads similar to the way the Kearns, Lopez deal did, but this time in the Reds favor.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    I believe it was, but it didn't involve the correct players being swapped. We were hearing of the Willis/Cabrera/Tejada trade rumors circulating then.

No! and my gut tells me that a ''impact'' trade is coming for another starting pitcher.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM
    In checking through the major sources of trade deadline information this morning, it appears as if the "experts" believe that the Reds are not currently invloved in any deals and are probably done with pre-deadline moves altogether. I checked: cbs.sportsline.com, mlbtraderumors.com, yahoosports.com, and every reds site I could find. I see no mention of the Reds substantiated involvement in ANYTHING. Is this good? Bad? You you think there are more moves on the horizon? Is Wayne K in a holding pattern? Can he aquire help for this team PAST the non-waiver deadline?

I personally think that the offense and the bench are playoff caliber. I would like to see an offensive upgrade at SS, but that is not as important as filling the other holes on this team, namely the #4 and #5 starters. What are your thoughts?
    Which "experts" saw the Kearns/Lopez deal coming?

He hinted at a trade last week when he said Joe Mays will make his next start barring a 4 man rotaion (which I doubt will happen) or barring A TRADE.

The next few days should be interesting

It'll be interesting to see what deals are made before the deadline thats for sure.

Wayne has said that he's happy with the team the way it is now.

Take that for what it's worth.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I think the trading climate is ripe for another trade. The Tigers and White Sox are so busy battling over Soriano - there's the Arod fog going on...
    It's going to get more and more frantic.
    I think there is a very good chance that we can package Milton with someone like Aurilia. I'm not climbing on the hate Aurilia bandwagon. He could help someone else as much as he's helped us - and this solves the EE situation. I want to see EE out there playing - period! Whoever loses the bigger sweepstakes might bite on this and we could get a young number three starter with upside maybe.

Finally - I kind of want to ask again - can we afford to trade Dunn with Kearns' potential gone? If so, who would you trade him for?

If we play GREAT this week, then I can't see trading Dunn. Whatchoothink?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Which "experts" saw the Kearns/Lopez deal coming?
    This is what I was wondering. I take it there were no rumors involving Kearns or Lopez for bullpen help prior to the trade?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This is what I was wondering. I take it there were no rumors involving Kearns or Lopez for bullpen help prior to the trade?
    I didn't see any

I say he's done, he doesn't seem like the type to empty the farm out (the only chips left) to help a borderline contender
    Go Gators!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

The Reds have had interest in Ray King, and recently placed left-hander Kent Mercker on the disabled list. The Rockies didn't pursue a deal for Reds catcher Jason LaRue because they don't want to block prospect Chris Iannetta's path. A straight-up exchange for Boston's Rudy Seanez remains a possibility. Talks regarding Julian Tavarez cooled dramatically over the weekend because of the Rockies' concerns regarding the money left on his contract.

Posted July 25, by Ben Maller

this is the only thing i could find today, seems like even if something is happening the media doesn't like to talk about us small market teams unless Griffey is involved.

GriffeyRocks80

I agree. I think the next few days will have their fair share of surprises. Perhaps we'll be seeing Mark Redman in a Reds jersey here soon. He'd be an upgrade over Mays, especially the way he's been pitching of late.

The Rockies didn't pursue a deal for Reds catcher Jason LaRue because they don't want to block prospect Chris Iannetta's path. A straight-up exchange for Boston's Rudy Seanez remains a possibility.
    I assume they mean a straight up trade of LaRue for Seanez? If so, based on the numbers he could be a nice addition to the staff. Decent ERA, gives up a fair number of hits, but has a strong number of K's also. Not sure what he is making pay wise, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    I assume they mean a straight up trade of LaRue for Seanez? If so, based on the numbers he could be a nice addition to the staff. Decent ERA, gives up a fair number of hits, but has a strong number of K's also. Not sure what he is making pay wise, however.
    No, they mean King for Seanez. The Red Sox aren't looking for a catcher, at least not a major league one. Seanez is getting $1.9 million for this year, he might also have a team option for next at similar money. But I honestly don't know what to make of him. His stuff looks nasty, and he racks up Ks and hard hit balls.

Turn Off Ads?