Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Royals and Dodgers Trade

Royals and Dodgers Trade

Odalis Perez and two minor league pitchers to the Royals for Elmer Desens. Just saw it on the Royals page.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Royals and Dodgers Trade

could be a good deal depending on who the minor leaguers are and how much money came along with Perez. Certainly getting rid of Dessens neither hurts the Royals or helps the Dodgers.

Blake Johnson and Julio Pimentel are the minor leaguers.

Could be the case that the Royals were the only takers for Perez, who wanted desperately out of LA and from all accounts, LA wanted Perez out.

If the Dodgers thought they still had a shot at the post-season it seems like Dessens out of the bullpen is not really what they need. Not a bad pick-up, but I don't know how he'll help.

reds should have acquired dessens earlier he is far superior to weathers, hammond, et al

by the way who do you think is a better pitcher Joe Mays or Perez?

Not a great deal for the Dodgers, but I guess they were sick of Odalis.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sure looks like an overpayment to me.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

no matter how you add lib do you think Joe Mays is better than_________?
    the answer is always going to be NO!

Doh! I would of like to seen the Reds aquire Dessens to replace Mays, but not at that price. Until then I hope WK is searching for another starting pitcher.

This trade is further support that the Reds had to pay the market price for two "quality" relievers. You can hate the trade all you want, but they paid what they had to...too many teams still think they're in it, like the Dodgers.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    This trade is further support that the Reds had to pay the market price for two "quality" relievers. You can hate the trade all you want, but they paid what they had to...too many teams still think they're in it, like the Dodgers.
    I don't think the "market value" is even the issue in the Kearns/Lopez deal. Most of the negative comments I've seen are saying that if that *was* the price for middle relief (I'm going to abstain from the use of the word "quality") then we would have just as soon seen Krivsky go after Wickman or Williamson than make the deal he did.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    The Bob Wickman trade seems to undercut your assertion. And so does the Guardado trade.

This trade only proves that the Dodgers hated Odalis Perez as much as the Reds hated Lopez and Kearns.

BTW - Perez has been awful for the past two seasons, while Lopez and Kearns have performed well above average.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun
    Odalis Perez and two minor league pitchers to the Royals for Elmer Desens. Just saw it on the Royals page.

Thank goodness we did not get him. No way would I trade 2 minor league pitchers for him. Good for the Dodgers! It's nice to give Lasorda a ribbing once in a while. (Oh, the good ole days)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?