Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sean Watson to be promoted to Dayton Dragons

Sean Watson to be promoted to Dayton Dragons

This year's 2nd round pick, Sean Watson is going to be promoted to Low Single A Dayton this weekend. They announced on the radio broadcast last night that Watson was already in town and was to be added to the team sometime this weekend. They were trying to figure out a corresponding move to make room for Watson on the roster and since Watson threw 2.0+ innings on Wednesday, they weren't in a hurry to activate him on Dayton's roster. They said that giving him a couple days to hang around with teammates without having to worry about pitching might make the transition easier for him.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Watson will be the second 2006 draft pick to be promoted to Dayton following the promotion of Derrick Lutz a couple days ago. Watson was the 2nd round pick in this year's draft.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Watson to be promoted to Dayton Dragons

any channce this moves Ward to Sarasota?
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Does he stay in the pen?

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09
    any channce this moves Ward to Sarasota?
    Or precursor to a deal involving someone pitching in Dayton...

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Does he stay in the pen?
    From what the announcers said he is going to pitch out of the bullpen at least for the time being.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 07-28-2006 at 02:21 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

funny... they can't think of a corresponding move? How about Ward to Sarasota, Paduch to former minor leaguer?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed
    funny... they can't think of a corresponding move? How about Ward to Sarasota, Paduch to former minor leaguer?
    I think they already know what moves they want to make, just were caught in a roster bind temporarily. They played a 14 inning game earlier this week and had a double header yesterday (another 13 innings) so they needed every fresh arm they could keep / acquire. With them not wanting Watson to pitch yesterday it made no sense for them to put him on the roster and take someone off that could have pitched in the 13 innings they had yesterday.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He didnt make to good of a debut today: 1 IP, 5 Hits, 3 Runs, 0 BB, 1 K (27.00 ERA)

Turn Off Ads?