Turn Off Ads?

Thread: a few trade rumors

a few trade rumors

this from www.benmaller.com (new rumors link from foxsports.com)
    If reports are true, other teams might want to take a chance on Wily Mo Pena's promise, and make a play for him before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. The Red Sox could very well be dangling him - instead of their prized pitching prospects - as bait for a starting pitcher. Even with the left wrist injury Pena sustained, and June 1 surgery to remove his hamate bone, GM Theo Epstein & Co. should have a pretty good idea by now if the 24-year-old is going to evolve into something special. ... “For the first time, I feel like this is home,” Pena said of Boston. “I’d prefer to stay, but it’s not up to me, it’s up to those guys.

wouldn't boston like to recieve a bronson arroyo type for pena, wait a minute....

"There's still a decent chance that the Orioles could trade Conine before Monday's non-waiver deadline, making his contract a non-issue. The St. Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds and Seattle Mariners are among the teams that are interested in Conine, who would likely bring a mid-level prospect in return."

Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    2004 FLA 140 521 55 146 35 1 14 83 48 78 5 5 .280 .340 .432 .772
    2005 FLA 131 335 42 102 20 2 3 33 38 58 2 0 .304 .374 .403 .777
    2006 BAL 87 289 31 75 16 3 7 36 26 41 3 2 .260 .323 .408 .731
    Career 1868 6501 822 1861 362 34 205 1004 630 1108 50 29 .286 .348 .447 .795
    although he is solid, whom do we move to acquire him? a 1b/of, dont we already have a platoon at 1b and what becomes of Denorfia? is he the one traded? Not much of an upgrade if any, we need pitching

"Former Cardinals lefty reliever Ray King is growing restless as the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline nears and he feels the Rockies are courting offers for his services. "I have heard so many different scenarios," King said. Reports have had Boston, Cincinnati and Atlanta showing interest. Through Monday, King had retired the last eight batters he had faced and steadied his performance after a rocky stretch in which his earned-run average inflated from 2.25 to 4.28."

I wouldn't mind this trade at all as long as it is still Larue for king, but what else would they want?

"The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are a possible destination for Sean Casey. The Angels are looking for a lefty-hitting first baseman after sending Kendry Morales to the minors this week"
    Last edited by tripleaaaron; 07-26-2006 at 12:20 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Turn Off Ads?