Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mays to be cut today?

Mays to be cut today?

Joe Mays is listed as the probable starter for Saturday's game in Milwaukee, but the Reds will likely waive him on Wednesday to create room on the roster for David Ross.

Mays has been horrible lately. The right-hander is 0-1 with a 9.45 ERA in the last four starts. Prospect Justin Germano could be called up from Triple-A Louisville if the Reds decide that Mays is too risky to use.

Good to see that he will be let go, he just can't get it done any longer. He has no business being in the rotation of a playoff contender, IMO.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mays to be cut today?

Are you getting this from somewhere, or are you just speculating?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Are you getting this from somewhere, or are you just speculating?
    Sorry, this is taken from Rotoworld.com. They didn't list a source.

The last sentence in the original post is my own, just to clarify.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

if Mays is cut today, I'm guessing that Krivsky makes a deal for a starter by Saturday to fill the open spot in the rotation rather than call up Germano. He knows how high the stakes are at this point. Can't afford to throw a prospect out there vs a team that you've struggled with this year and that could potentially gain some momentum by picking up a few W's vs your team.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    if Mays is cut today, I'm guessing that Krivsky makes a deal for a starter by Saturday to fill the open spot in the rotation rather than call up Germano. He knows how high the stakes are at this point. Can't afford to throw a prospect out there vs a team that you've struggled with this year and that could potentially gain some momentum by picking up a few W's vs your team.
    Interesting thought. I know people aren't excited about it, but I can see a Mark Redman in our future. Let him and Claussen fight it out for the 4th rotation spot.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

what options are out there as far as starting pitching goes that the reds can get?
    i hate the cardinals

Joe Mays is listed as the probable starter for Saturday's game in Milwaukee, but the Reds will likely waive him on Wednesday to create room on the roster for David Ross.
    And there will be much rejoicing.

Sorry, this is taken from Rotoworld.com. They didn't list a source.

The last sentence in the original post is my own, just to clarify.
    There's a story about it in the Post this morning as well.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....607260332/1035
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by boobhat
    what options are out there as far as starting pitching goes that the reds can get?
    In house options:
    Justin Germano, AAA
    Phil Dumatrait, AA
    Mike Gosling, AAA

Other teams:
    Mark Redman, KC
    Kyle Lohse, MIN
    Kris Benson, BAL

are some that come to mind. I'm sure there are others.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I believe Germano is scheduled to start Thursday at AAA. It will be interesting to see if 1) Mays is cut today to activate Ross, and 2) If Germano makes that start tomorrow. If Mays is cut and Germano makes the start, it would almost be 100% certain a trade is close.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I believe Germano is scheduled to start Thursday at AAA. It will be interesting to see if 1) Mays is cut today to activate Ross, and 2) If Germano makes that start tomorrow. If Mays is cut and Germano makes the start, it would almost be 100% certain a trade is close.
    Or that Gosling might get the start. he's a lefty, and that makes more sense against the Brewers.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    Or that Gosling might get the start. he's a lefty, and that makes more sense against the Brewers.
    That's also possible. Thanks. Gosling would be on regular rest pitching Saturday, I believe. I still think a trade is in the works, personally.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

what kind of money are benson, redman and lohse demanding? and are all of those people 1 year deals?
    i hate the cardinals

i would prefer benson since we would be getting his wife along with the deal
    i hate the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Interesting thought. I know people aren't excited about it, but I can see a Mark Redman in our future. Let him and Claussen fight it out for the 4th rotation spot.
    If WK makes a deal for Redman, there will be no fight. He will be #4 (or possibly 3) and Claussen will be fighting over the scraps.

Turn Off Ads?