Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds TV Analysts

Reds TV Analysts

I have no idea if this has been talked about or not, but has anyone noticed how George Grande and Chris Welsh are so soft when it comes to broadcasting?

I see Chris break out of his shell every now and then, that I believe the network has him stuck inside, but it seems like they BOTH sugar coat every single thing on the field: errors, opposing home runs, etc.

You know the announcing is terrible, when I have to turn the TV on mute and listen to the radio for some DECENT broadcasting. I have always liked Marty and Nuxie better anyway, but I feel bored out of my mind listening to George and Chris. I am sure they are nice guys and I am sure they have some opinions they are not allowed to express....but really....should they be so soft on the game that it about puts you to sleep?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds TV Analysts

FWIW, dislike of George Grande's work is easily in the top ten most frequently discussed subjects on RedsZone... maybe even top 5.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    FWIW, dislike of George Grande's work is easily in the top ten most frequently discussed subjects on RedsZone... maybe even top 5.
    I am not talking about George Grande in general....the WHOLE outfit they have going on in the booth. Even Jim Day and that other dude they have fill in every now and then....they ALL sugar coat everything on the field.

Just wandering if I am not the only one to see that....
    Last edited by Rob Dicken; 07-15-2006 at 03:00 PM.

:deadhorse

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    I am not talking about George Grande in general....the WHOLE outfit they have going on in the booth. Even Jim Day and that other dude they have fill in every now and then....they ALL sugar coat everything on the field.
    I prefer the sugar to the output of the HOFer in the radio booth who spews bile and holds grudges.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I prefer the sugar to the output of the HOFer in the radio booth who spews bile and holds grudges.

And which one would that be?

Does anyone remember in the late 80's when Marty and Joe would rotate between TV and radio? I think it was just a 2 year experiment.

I LIKED IT!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I mute the games most of the time regardless of what announcers I'm watching. I'm no sure about the Reds, but I can't stand the Cards' announcers.

Yeah, and how about how bad Jim Day is on Reds Wrap, and real reds.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    :deadhorse
    You took the smilie right out of my mouth.

Good grief!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg39
    Yeah, and how about how bad Jim Day is on Reds Wrap, and real reds.
    I would like to beat him with a fresh side of salmon!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Is it me or is the person who keeps track of the game ticker at the top of the screen for FSN terrible or what.

That whole crew is terrible. The game cuts out on Audio, and the video freezes and becomes very static at times.

It's like they purposely try to make you mad while watching.

The entire Reds TV crew has an almost Disney quality to it. Everything has to be smiley, happy, sappy family-style fun. It's a great production for 10-year olds and 80 year-olds, but anybody north of junior high and south of AARP should be embarrassed to find that schtick palatable.

Makes me look forward to football season. (Then again, there's the dynamic duo of Dave "Oh, baby!" Lapham and the crooner Brad Johanson to deal with, so who knows),

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    Does anyone remember in the late 80's when Marty and Joe would rotate between TV and radio? I think it was just a 2 year experiment.

I LIKED IT!

I remember that. On one of their pregames Marty and Joe were both on the screen. Marty was talking. Joe had glasses on. After a few moments of talking, Joe quickly grabbed his glasses off of his face. It was so clear he forgot to remove them--I love the guy, but he wasn't cut out for TV, I guess.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?