Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Prior No-hitter

Mark Prior No-hitter

Mark Prior has just left the game in the middle of a no-hitter. After a pitch he shook his head and grabbed his arm, they then took him out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Prior No-hitter

Even though he is a Cubbie, I've always liked Mark Prior. And its really sad to see this happen to him if it ends up being serious because he has just had no luck at all with keeping healthy, or any of the Cubs for that matter.
    Let's make some noise!

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Prior is done... Kaput.

This is second hand information, so take it for what it's worth.

But friends of mine who work in and/or play minor league baseball insist Prior juiced to help his quick rise to the bigs. They say the arm problems are at least partially due to his muscles/tendons/whatever being damaged and never completely healing after getting off the stuff.

Like I say, take it for what it's worth. But the info comes from folks who watched/covered him on a regular basis.

If true, it's very, very sad.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Eric Gagne says "Hi"
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33

I disagree. If true, that is his own fault. It would be sad if he just played by the rules, and kept getting hurt, that would be a "life isn't fair" situation. This is a "cheaters never prosper" situation.

Of course we have learned many do prosper: Sheffield, Giambi, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Raffy, Bagwell, Biggio.....on and on.

The Buckeye Bomber

I don't know if this is right, but the cubs website is saying he was pulled after 5 2/3rds, after throwing 103 pitches.

Is it just me, or does that seem wrong? 103 pitches in 6 no-hit innings?

I've always felt bad for Prior. Guy just can't stay healthy, and its a shame with his talent.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

But friends of mine who work in and/or play minor league baseball insist Prior juiced to help his quick rise to the bigs.
    Strongly suspected it myself -- the guy's legs were freakish.

Now about Clemens...........

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81
    I don't know if this is right, but the cubs website is saying he was pulled after 5 2/3rds, after throwing 103 pitches.

Is it just me, or does that seem wrong? 103 pitches in 6 no-hit innings?

I've always felt bad for Prior. Guy just can't stay healthy, and its a shame with his talent.
    He may not have given up any hits, but he walked 5.
    Where we gonna go?

The Buckeye Bomber

Oh, nevermind. He had five walks in the 6 innings pitched, which is why he was already up to 103.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Chalk this up to not, "doing the right thing, even when others are not looking". INTEGRITY.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    I disagree. If true, that is his own fault. It would be sad if he just played by the rules, and kept getting hurt, that would be a "life isn't fair" situation. This is a "cheaters never prosper" situation.

Of course we have learned many do prosper: Sheffield, Giambi, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Raffy, Bagwell, Biggio.....on and on.
    Well, of course I agree with that assessment. I meant it's sad if in fact another athlete has been exposed as a cheater. As in "a sad commentary."

Should have been more clear.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51

Biggio? Are you serious? Yeah, him and David Eckstein. Where did you hear that?

Wonder what kind of careers Wood & Prior would have had if they weren't Mojo'd by the Curse of the Scrubs? Be afraid Carlos...be very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33
    This is second hand information, so take it for what it's worth.

But friends of mine who work in and/or play minor league baseball insist Prior juiced to help his quick rise to the bigs. They say the arm problems are at least partially due to his muscles/tendons/whatever being damaged and never completely healing after getting off the stuff.

Like I say, take it for what it's worth. But the info comes from folks who watched/covered him on a regular basis.

Yep. The Prior whispers were always there. Anyone ever see the guys calfs?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?