Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look for Griffey's slump to end about August 1st

Look for Griffey's slump to end about August 1st

.......when the trading deadline is past.

He doesn't want to go anywhere, hence his hitting slump to deter any desire to trade for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Look for Griffey's slump to end about August 1st

10-5
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

how about an injured hamstring?

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    how about an injured hamstring?
    Do what?

griffey is finished, utterly, completely, an effete, attenuated version of an oft injured player

griffey is finished, utterly, completely, an effete, attenuated version of an oft injured player
    Griffey is finished? Wow! A 3 for 30 slump means a player is finished? That's some really harsh news...glad you could break that to us!

BTW, How much you pay for that crack rock?

he needs to be benched so he can get ready for his pereniall off season conditioning program

he needs to be benched so he can get ready for his pereniall off season conditioning program
    I can understand bashing Griffey for his defense, but OFFENSE? You can't be serious! The guy has 500+ homeruns. He has 19 this year, and if he hits a hot streak, he's known for hitting double digits a month!

A 3 for 30 slump is far from 'career-ending.'

Support your theories, home slice.

What was Redsupport's name before when he got banned?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    I can understand bashing Griffey for his defense, but OFFENSE? You can't be serious! The guy has 500+ homeruns. He has 19 this year, and if he hits a hot streak, he's known for hitting double digits a month!

A 3 for 30 slump is far from 'career-ending.'

Support your theories, home slice.
    Griffey is batting .240. In the three hole. And has been beyond cold as of late.

Changes need to be made, even if it is only short term. I don't care one ounce about his 500+ homeruns, the majority of which he hit years ago at this point. If a player NOT named "Ken Griffey" was hitting this poorly, more people would be upset. I'm not saying he can't bounce back, but right now, we need to be winning games, and he's just not helping that cause.

Put Freel in Center and Deno in Right for a few games. Get Griffey's head on straight, then hope he can come out of the slump.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81
    If a player NOT named "Ken Griffey" was hitting this poorly, more people would be upset.
    That's some bullcrap, dude.

I can frankly remember Freel going on a TERRIBLE slump this year and hardly anything was said about it.

And I REALLY don't remember people saying that Freel's career was over, he needs to be benched, or needs to be traded.

If anything, the homerun hitters on this team (Dunn, Griffey) receive the most whip cracking around here than any other player.

Awesome. Way to tell it like it is. It's the unpopular thing to do right now considering the way he has played of late, but you're out there on that ledge. And to top it off you keep coming up with these things I've never heard before, ripping Jr. for getting hurt a lot, wow, that's cutting edge stuff man, keep it up.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    That's some bullcrap, dude.

I can frankly remember Freel going on a TERRIBLE slump this year and hardly anything was said about it.

And I REALLY don't remember people saying that Freel's career was over, he needs to be benched, or needs to be traded.

If anything, the homerun hitters on this team (Dunn, Griffey) receive the most whip cracking around here than any other player.
    When Freel hit a cold slump, he was benched. When Dunn was cold he was moved up and down in the line-up. Griffey should not be batting 3rd period. He has the worst OBP of anybody and yes I said anybody hitting third in MLB.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    When Freel hit a cold slump, he was benched. When Dunn was cold he was moved up and down in the line-up. Griffey should not be batting 3rd period. He has the worst OBP of anybody and yes I said anybody hitting third in MLB.
    I am ALL FOR moving him in the lineup, if that means him breaking out of his slump. I am not contesting that.

I am contesting the fact that this 'redsupport' chump thinks that Griffey's career is over, simply because of a bad month. That's going a little bit to the extremity of the situation.

Not to mention the sarcastic remarks about Griffey being injury prone. And....no one knows that?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    .......when the trading deadline is past.

He doesn't want to go anywhere, hence his hitting slump to deter any desire to trade for him.
    Oh and thank you for making us all aware of this, I didn't realize this was a self induced slump. I'm fine with it then, there's nothing to worry about. August 1st is only a few days away and then he won't have to worry about being traded, so he'll be hitting like his old self again. I was getting worried that the slump might last longer but since he's not really slumping and it's just that he's getting out on purpose right now I can breathe easy.

241/10
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 07-27-2006 at 12:08 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?