Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring Votto up

Bring Votto up

In spite of Hatteberg's extension, I would like to see Joey Votto come up soon to play first base. In 100 games played, Votto has 123 hits, 19 home runs, 61 rib-eye steaks, 218 total bases, 17 stolen bases (the most on the team), plus a .323 avg, .406 OBP, .572 SLG, and .978 OPS. How about that? That's pretty good, you have to admit. BRING HIM UP!!!
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bring Votto up

If by up you mean Louisville, then yes you are right.

Last thing he needs to do is come sit on the bench next to EE and Deno in Cincinnati.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Why? So he can sit on the bench with Encarnacion and Denorfia?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

This move would make no sense.

Instead of Votto, lets get Otto!

Bring Votto up in September when rosters are expanded....I can see. But you hinder his development if he is rushed.

Let him finish the season at Chatanooga and move him to Louisville come 2007. He is the successor to Hatteberg at lst base but there is no need to rush especially when Hatteberg signed the contract extension.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Believer since 1981

Hmmm... heres Hattes numbers....
    OBP SLG AVG OPS
    419 .507 .326 .926

That doesnt seem to be a problem.

So, you want to bring up a AA player that has never seen big league pitching to replace a guy that has been hitting the ball pretty well as of late? Good idea. And since the backup QB is always the most popular player on the team, maybe we should bring up Jay Bruce to replace Adam Dunn while we are at it.

I'd let him chase the Southern League triple crown and then give him a break before sending out to the AFL.

Nothing wrong with a prospect having a huge season, nothing at all.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

don't like seeing Javy Valentin come up to pinch-hit?

Votto would also give us catcher/former catcher number five. only twenty to go.

We would bring him up from AA, why?

Brandon Larson says hi!
    Pete Rose, Jr. says hi!

I wouldn't mind seeing him in September but not till then.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Believer since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    We would bring him up from AA, why?

Brandon Larson says hi!
    Pete Rose, Jr. says hi!

Pete Rose Jr. is an AWFUL comparison... i thought we were talking about prospects, not pipe dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by redssouth
    Pete Rose Jr. is an AWFUL comparison... i thought we were talking about prospects, not pipe dreams.
    Really? He was brought straight up from Double A, when he obviously WAS NOT supposed to be there. Same with Brandon Larson being brought up from Triple A and not hacking it in the Majors.

No need to rush young players onto the field. I could see more of Homer Bailey, because we need the pitching, and starting him off in the pen definitely wouldn't hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    Really? He was brought straight up from Double A, when he obviously WAS NOT supposed to be there. Same with Brandon Larson being brought up from Triple A and not hacking it in the Majors.

No need to rush young players onto the field. I could see more of Homer Bailey, because we need the pitching, and starting him off in the pen definitely wouldn't hurt him.
    Pete Rose Jr. was NEVER a good prospect. Yes he was brought up from AA, that is the only fair comparison.

I see your Larson comparison, but I doubt that one too. I think our scouts missed that one big time. He had a MAJOR hole in his swing and somehow still made it up. I don't think Votto has that major hole (breaking balls) partially bc he is LH.

Believer since 1981

I get the Larson one... he mashed in the minors, was a legit prospect for years, but he never could make the transition. Rose Jr. was never a legit prospect for the Reds, he was a AAAA filler that was good PR. Nothing more, nothing less.

Turn Off Ads?