Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: expanded September rosters will really help Reds

expanded September rosters will really help Reds

Reds offense has been playing with one hand tied behind its back, because of the need for a 12 man pitching staff.

the Reds might be the team that stands the most to gain from roster expansion in September. If we can just get to September...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: expanded September rosters will really help Reds

It could hurt them as well. There's no doubt in my mind but what JN will feel it his duty to give each of them as much playing time as possible at the expense of what may be in the team's best interests.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

So who do we see and under what circumstances. I'd like to give a little something-something to Votto, even if he never sees the batter's box.

We should also see Brendan Harris and Abad.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    It could hurt them as well. There's no doubt in my mind but what JN will feel it his duty to give each of them as much playing time as possible at the expense of what may be in the team's best interests.
    He doesn't do that now though, why would he then. Now he sticks with Aurilia over EE and Ross over LaRue and Freel over Deno.

I realize all three of those are coin-flips concerning if they are in the teams best interests or not, but JN seems to just pick favorites and stick with them.

Now granted if Earl Snyder comes up then chances are his scrappiness gets into the line up and never leaves.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

I've been wondering about the callups myself. Anyone know Krivsky's thoughts on callups? Is he one of those guys who will only bring up a couple of guys if he has playing time for them, or does he like to bring in a ton of people and look at as many as possible? I haven't followed the Twins close enough in the past to know their philosophies on September callups.

at the expense of what may be in the team's best interests.
    Like a positive winnig percentage

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    imagine King Midas if he loved alcohol instead of gold. Then you'd have Jerry Narron:

Everything the guy touches turns to w(h)ine

Yay!

It sounds like we also might have to wait for Louisville to play in the IL playoffs and we'll definately have to wait for Chattanooga since they've already clinched a playoff berth.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    imagine King Midas if he loved alcohol instead of gold. Then you'd have Jerry Narron:

Everything the guy touches turns to w(h)ine
    Or Zeus in the form of gold coins dropping on the cloistered Danae; a veritable "golden shower."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer!

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    It sounds like we also might have to wait for Louisville to play in the IL playoffs and we'll definately have to wait for Chattanooga since they've already clinched a playoff berth.
    That might be the best thing that could happen. Narron would have fewer toys to play with but then again we might see Wise twice a week.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

WK can add a few more catchers to the roster.

Reds offense has been playing with one hand tied behind its back, because of the need for a 12 man pitching staff.
    I blame the "need" for 3 catchers myself
    Go Gators!

"So Fla Red"

the Reds might be the team that stands the most to gain from roster expansion in September. If we can just get to September...
    Hard to believe, but the 12-man pitching staff is basically the norm these days. 3 catchers is a luxury few have.

Current active roster check of ~6 NL contending teams of immediate Reds concern shows 100% have 12 pitchers: Cards, Astros, Dbacks, Braves, Marlins, Giants.

I would submit the Reds may actually benefit less than others given lack of immediate MLB help in the upper minors and the position flexibility that guys like Freel and Aurillia offer the roster.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer! Homer!

Trade him.

Homer Bailey won't make a positive contribution on the 25 man roster until probably 2008 at the earliest.

Until the kid gets rid of the manlove for his fastball, he won't have any success at the AAA or MLB levels.

I'm not sure what's bigger, Bailey's manlove for his fastball, or the manlove on this board for Bailey.

Flip a coin.

Turn Off Ads?