Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opinions...If the Bailey and Willis trade would actually happen...

Opinions...If the Bailey and Willis trade would actually happen...

Ok, say Wayne K actually did pull the trigger on the Homer Bailey for Dontrelle Willis trade, we would know right away that Dontrelle Willis would move in our number one slot in our pitching rotation and Harang and Arroyo would just move down a slot, but the main question I have here is about Homer Bailey. Where do you think he would end up then? I know the Reds are not trying to rush Bailey to the majors, but where in the Marlins organization do you think he would end up pitching, and how soon do you think it would be before he would actually end up in the majors and also how long before he ended up in the rotation?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opinions...If the Bailey and Willis trade would actually happen...

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60
    Ok, say Wayne K actually did pull the trigger on the Homer Bailey for Dontrelle Willis trade, we would know right away that Dontrelle Willis would move in our number one slot in our pitching rotation and Harang and Arroyo would just move down a slot, but the main question I have here is about Homer Bailey. Where do you think he would end up then? I know the Reds are not trying to rush Bailey to the majors, but where in the Marlins organization do you think he would end up pitching, and how soon do you think it would be before he would actually end up in the majors and also how long before he ended up in the rotation?
    Its not happening.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

The Buckeye Bomber

It's not happening, and I don't want it to happen in the first place.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I would say this would be it...

Willis
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Milton
    (trade)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

First things first, what puts Willis ahead of Arroyo or Harang, both of whom are outperforming him this season?
    Secondly, Bailey would probably see the Majors this year. I would also be pretty disappointed in Wayne.

I know its not going to happen, but I was only talking hypothetically. Essentially speaking, what I was trying to say was, do you think he would see the majors faster in a Reds uniform or a Marlins uniform?

I know its not going to happen, but I was only talking hypothetically. Essentially speaking, what I was trying to say was, do you think he would see the majors faster in a Reds uniform or a Marlins uniform?
    Well, they've not been shy about promotin guys from AA to the big leagues. However, I can't imagine Bailey not pitching for the Reds in April next year, so the difference wouldn't be that much.

I wouldn't be happy if this trade actually happened.

It won't. The Fish would want Bruce and Votto

Harang
    Willis
    Arroyo
    Milton
    Ramirez

Not a bad pitching lineup, in my opinion. It would make us tough for years to come with this bullpen we're developing and Dunn's emergence.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Bailey hasn't proven anything in the majors yet and is just hype. He could throw his arm out tomorrow, just like any of these guys could. But Willis is proven. We would easily win the wild card and might have enough to make it to the World Series.

You don't pass on proven top of the line pitching.

The Reds need to pay for starting pitching and work on developing position players. They need to invest their money in Dunn and a starting pitching staff............

I know its not going to happen, but I was only talking hypothetically.
    That's not a bad thing. Many people do that here, so it really can't be criticized.

HARANG
    ARROYO
    WILLIS
    RAMIREZ
    MILTON!!!

HARANG has earned the Number 1 slot and Arroyo is close. Willis hasn't pitched damnit this year. Ramirez moved up a slot today.

Turn Off Ads?