Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Not another Edwin post...

Not another Edwin post...

I know, I know, get your dead horse smilies at the ready.

I just noticed that EE has almost the same number of ABs this year as he had all last year. Here's a comparison of his stats from last year to this:

AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K BA OBP SLG OPS

2005 211 25 49 16 0 9 31 20 60 .232 .308 .436 .744
    2006 212 33 62 21 1 7 42 23 41 .292 .384 .500 .884

This is remarkable improvement in just about every offensive category, especially when you take his injury and his being yanked in and out of the lineup like a yo-yo into account.

Way to go, kid!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Not another Edwin post...

Which makes me wonder why they don't play Edwin at 3b, and Rich at SS. How much less range does Aurilia have than Clayton? I don't think it is much, if at all. Rich is swinging a hot bat, why not have him and EE in the lineup all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    Which makes me wonder why they don't play Edwin at 3b, and Rich at SS. How much less range does Aurilia have than Clayton? I don't think it is much, if at all. Rich is swinging a hot bat, why not have him and EE in the lineup all the time?
    A lot less.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    It's not that. Krivsy got Clayton for a reason and Narron would never sit him even though the lineup would be deadly with Aurilia and EE together.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Deadly as in offensive threat, or deadly defensively at short and third?
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    A lot less.
    I understand what you are saying, but Rich makes the routine play. I've even heard people say that Clayton's range is limited, so he can't be that much better than Aurilia.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Deadly as in offensive threat, or deadly defensively at short and third?
    Offensively, the defense would get worse but I think EE's D is progressing from what we saw in the beginning of the year.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Turn Off Ads?