Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Game Thread: Reds VS Astros

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Reds VS Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    As others have pointed out: in spite of Mr. Krivsky's acquisitions. Not at all because of them.
    Attrition of the BP was a fact of life prior to the AS break, currently it's not an issue.

Magic Dust or Sour Grapes, take your pick.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yep, that's me. I hate the Reds so much, I follow their every game.
    Ididn't say you hate the REDS - I just believe you show your love in a glass half full kind of way.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Like Guardado, Bray, and Clayton haven't helped this team win lately?

I don't like the way Clayton played tonight, but he's not as horrible as Felipe at his position and he's actually been hitting the ball about what Felipe was.
    The Guardado acquisition's been good. But it appears that he's pretty unhealthy.

FCB, I gotta ask ya, bud ...

I know you said in the past you've gone to one Phillies game and never plan on going to another. But hey, the Reds are actually in the midst of a playoff chase, even if part of the reason is because the rest of the NL is so putrid. A quick glance at the schedule shows the Reds in Philly from August 11th to the 13th ...

It begs the question, man, would the Reds being the visiting team and a current Reds playoff chase change your mind about attending another Phillies game?
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    FCB, I gotta ask ya, bud ...

I know you said in the past you've gone to one Phillies game and never plan on going to another. But hey, the Reds are actually in the midst of a playoff chase, even if part of the reason is because the rest of the NL is so putrid. A quick glance at the schedule shows the Reds in Philly from August 11th to the 13th ...

It begs the question, man, would the Reds being the visiting team and a current Reds playoff chase change your mind about attending another Phillies game?
    I'll probably go to one, especially if Harang is going.

My daughters like it okay, but it turns into a long night at the concession stands instead of watching the game.

I'll probably go to one, especially if Harang is going.

My daughters like it okay, but it turns into a long night at the concession stands instead of watching the game.

Folks should take it easy on FCB for awhile. It takes bravery and courage to attend a Phillies game and cheer for the visitor. I've done it before, and the heckling was ruthless (especially during the Milton start last year in Philly where he got bombed). FCB might need some moral support before heading in that ballpark

In all seriousness, FCB, if Harang or Arroyo pitch out there, I'd recommend getting down there to see them play. If you want to avoid a Milton start, that's entirely understandable.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792

Folks should take it easy on FCB for awhile. It takes bravery and courage to attend a Phillies game and cheer for the visitor. I've done it before, and the heckling was ruthless (especially during the Milton start last year in Philly where he got bombed). FCB might need some moral support before heading in that ballpark

In all seriousness, FCB, if Harang or Arroyo pitch out there, I'd recommend getting down there to see them play. If you want to avoid a Milton start, that's entirely understandable.
    Try Pittsburgh. I've had eggs thrown at me (where they got the eggs, i have no idea) and been threatened after the game in the parking lot (this was when Three Rivers was still there). I went to PNC Park a year ago and there were so few people there that you wouldn't think that anyone would care who you rooted for, but we were harrassed constantly for our Reds caps and shirts.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Dunn speaking his secret language again.
    Dunn is using his secret language

"So Fla Red"

I said from the get-go that the Arroyo/Pena was a winner. But you can only ride on the goodwill of that trade for so long. Eventually, your career reaches certain benchmarks and at that point you should be judged again. He flunked his mid-term. And I absolutely think that trade has been an overall deficit deal. I think I can absolutely make that judgment right now.
    Are you serious? Yeah picking up Arroyo was only the trade of the year in MLB... Picking up ten years of collective steer manure and making a trade like that a few days before the season starts is nothing short of remarkable.

Make one of those deals every other year and you'll get a statue in Cooperstown and gobs of first born kids named after you
    Last edited by oregonred; 07-28-2006 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    Try Pittsburgh. I've had eggs thrown at me (where they got the eggs, i have no idea) and been threatened after the game in the parking lot (this was when Three Rivers was still there). I went to PNC Park a year ago and there were so few people there that you wouldn't think that anyone would care who you rooted for, but we were harrassed constantly for our Reds caps and shirts.
    What do you expect out of Steelers fans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred
    Are you serious? Yeah picking up Arroyo was only the trade of the year in MLB... Picking up ten years of collective steer manure and making a trade like that a few days before the season starts is nothing short of remarkable.

Make one of those deals every other year and you'll get a statue in Cooperstown and gobs of first born kids named after you
    Hmmm yeah make one Pena/Arroyo deal a year and then make one Lopez/Kearns-type deal a year and see how long you have a job.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Hmmm yeah make one Pena/Arroyo deal a year and then make one Lopez/Kearns-type deal a year and see how long you have a job.
    Yeah you'd be out of a job, because winning all that post season hardware and awards would get really boring and you'd soon want to find a new challenging career like day-trading Mongolian Citrus Futures or maybe just chillin' and hanging out on sports message boards all-day

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    What do you expect out of Steelers fans?

I know. That pitiful place only lives for "Steeler Season." It does my heart good when they lose. Which isn't often lately.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

???

Making trades like Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez for Majewski, Bray, and Clayton (w/ an A-baller) doesn't build champions nor garner championships.

Participating in trades where the overall talent level is a huge deficit in your column is not a smart approach to longevity in winning.

The correct approach would have meant getting yourself a few more Guardados and waiting for the off-season when you could turn your available assets into maximal future worth. The only way this trade makes the type of sense you are implying is if you think you, as an organization, stand a serious chance of going to the World Series.

I think we've hamstrung future efforts (and championships) for a pipe dream.

(not that I'll cheer any less enthusiastically)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I don't like people labeling FCB as someone that wouldn't be happy with a Reds WS. Just because you aren't doing back flips over this team doesn't mean you want them to lose.

I disagree with him on this team, but he's entitled to an opinion on our chances without being labeled an anti Reds fan.
    Agreed.

FCB bet his first born child on the Reds, no one should ever question his love for the team
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?