Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey pitching tonight/Minor League Updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Homer Bailey pitching tonight/Minor League Updates

Chattanooga went on to lose 5-0. All 5 runs went to Jim Abbott, only 2 were earned.

Dayton is currently losing 3-0 in the 7th, which should be the last inning today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another nice performance for Bailey, I look forward to seeing him in 2008.

He'll be defending ROY in 2008
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I for one hope the guy breaks Spring Training with the club next year if he's not going to see any time in Cincy this year.

Chris Heisey hit his 6th homerun tonight for the Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I for one hope the guy breaks Spring Training with the club next year if he's not going to see any time in Cincy this year.
    I'd love for him to be ready for spring training of next year but I just hope the organization gives him enough time to hone his secondary pitchers. I'm guessing it's more likely he'll spend atleast part of next season in Louisville and to be honest I'm OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth
    I'd love for him to be ready for spring training of next year but I just hope the organization gives him enough time to hone his secondary pitchers. I'm guessing it's more likely he'll spend atleast part of next season in Louisville and to be honest I'm OK with that.
    Agreed 100%. If Homer does not have his offspeed stuff when ST breaks, I want him in Louisville to work on them until he is ready for the Bigs. Learning on the job in the Majors is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    sorry, I do get a little jumpy with Bailey. There is a lot of stuff on here at times that bothers me in relation to Bailey and sometimes I just get jumpy at things people say.
    Did you buy stock in him or something? It's great to see the kid jamming down in Chatty, but goodness, is it worth getting that worked up over a prospect?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Nah, but if there were stock in players, I would have invested a while ago. I dont know, I get passionate about things at times, and its gets the better of me.

Bailey has been largely disregarded as pyrite and an idiotic draft choice by a large number of members on this board. Just over a month ago, many chided Krivsky and company about Bailey's move to AA, insisting Homer needed more time in High A to "dominate" his opposition.

DD has been Homer's stalwart supporter, arguing-- rightfully-- that Bailey indeed is an outstanding prospect, no matter his pedigree, age, or predilliction toward higher education. Others have insisted otherwise.

It is only natural, I think, for DD to continue his support of Bailey and be a bit sensitive toward the kid. He's been absolutely lights out at Chattanooga, perhaps the premier prospect in all of baseball at this point in the season. He has proven DD's acumen in judging talent. He has disproven, so far, the mantra of HS arm as poor draft choice. (Kind of. Others will, I'm sure, remind me and other readers of Bailey being a needle in a haystack kind of lucky choice. They will pound on mountains of evidence, claiming HS pitchers are poor choices. When reminded of Wood, Beckett, et al, they will again claim Bailey's not in their class. DD-- and other Homer supporters-- will then again support "their guy", pounding on their mountain of evidence that shows Bailey's dominance while pitching this season.

Feelings will eventually get hurt. Someone will call someone a "stat head". Someone else will imply someone else is too ignorant to properly watch a ballgame unless they know trigonometry.

Have you not read this board?

sorry, I do get a little jumpy with Bailey. There is a lot of stuff on here at times that bothers me in relation to Bailey and sometimes I just get jumpy at things people say.
    I feel that way too. It's like some people want him to fail just so they can be the ones saying "I told you all, the Reds can't develop pitching" or "I knew he would be rushed." Why can't everyone just enjoy that the Reds basically have THE best pitching prospect in the minors. Personally, it's so much more fun to see that view than it is to predict he'll be the next Ty Howington, Chris Gruler, Ryan Wagner, etc. Failure is a possibility for every player, so why focus all of it on Homer? He could be the next Verlander, or he could be the next young stud "blowout." Either way, that's just life, enjoy it.

BTW, sorry for the rant. This isn't aimed at any one person, it's just something I've thought about recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Chris Heisey hit his 6th homerun tonight for the Mustangs.
    From http://reds.mostvaluablenetwork.com/...draft-roundup/

"Reds 2006 draft pick #17. Chris Heisey, OF, Messiah (Pa.) College
    6′0″/195#, R/R, Age 21. Assigned: Billings.
    Batted .428 this season and was named Commonwealth Conference Player of the Year. Stole 21 bases in 22 attempts."

At Billings, in 34 games so far, he is batting .371, slugging about .550, on base % of about .440, with 6 home runs, and 25 RBIs. Been playing rightfield. That gives him an OPS of about 1.000!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Nah, but if there were stock in players, I would have invested a while ago. I dont know, I get passionate about things at times, and its gets the better of me.
    Don't sweat it. I put stock into Bailey a long time ago. I'm passionate in the Reds and I love how Homer has bucked the odds so far.

Long way to go though.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson
    From http://reds.mostvaluablenetwork.com/...draft-roundup/

"Reds 2006 draft pick #17. Chris Heisey, OF, Messiah (Pa.) College
    6′0″/195#, R/R, Age 21. Assigned: Billings.
    Batted .428 this season and was named Commonwealth Conference Player of the Year. Stole 21 bases in 22 attempts."

At Billings, in 34 games so far, he is batting .371, slugging about .550, on base % of about .440, with 6 home runs, and 25 RBIs. Been playing rightfield. That gives him an OPS of about 1.000!
    So far tonight he is 3 for 4 with a homerun and 4 RBIs

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis

He probably is another 1-2 years away.
    Or so hopes the rest of the NL Central

Harang + Arroyo + Bailey. 2007 is the time and the right window for the fun to begin

Turn Off Ads?