Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading EdE?

Trading EdE?

Sorry, I know there is an influx of threads on this guy already.

Now, I'm as big of a fan of EdE as the next Reds fan and would love to keep him around, but sitting on the bench as much as he has been, he's not really helping the team. Clearly, Jerry's mancrush on Richie and his love for Rich's scrappiness isn't going away anytime soon. I'm sure he'll get an extension before the year is over (maybe 4 years). Although Castro has seen less playing time, I'm sure a Castro/Aurilia platoon at 3rd would make Jerry salivate.

So, why not trade EdE? Surely, he would fetch a decent starting pitcher. By the time he gets the everyday starts he should, his pysche may be damaged pretty badly. He should be a Red and he should be playing and he should be imrpoving, but he's not.

So, why not at least get something for him?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Roster glue

Re: Trading EdE?

Narron's mismanagement of the roster is not a sufficient reason to trade a promising young third baseman. No.

I'm not sure what EE would bring at this time...I think at some point down the line EE will get his chance but he'll keep his chance when he outperforms his competition on the team.

I like EE but he is young and I don't think you give him the spot simply becauses he is young and a GOOD PROSPECT...we already went through that once at 3B a couple years back.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Rich is going to be 35 no way we trade EE. Rich might get an extension or get traded at the deadline.

EE isnt going anywhere.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I'm not sure what EE would bring at this time...I think at some point down the line EE will get his chance but he'll keep his chance when he outperforms his competition on the team.

I like EE but he is young and I don't think you give him the spot simply becauses he is young and a GOOD PROSPECT...we already went through that once at 3B a couple years back.
    Willie Greene?

My favorite Willie Greene picture ever

I don't think you should give him the spot because he's a young prospect, he earned the job in spring training and his play certainly hasn't merited him being relegated to a reserve role. Aurilia has done a nice job this season but the fact EdE is losing playing time to him makes me ill.

He's already outperforming his competition on this team. He's also shown the ability to hit both righthanders and lefthanders, which Aurilia cannot.

I'm holding out for a trade of RA for Kyle Lohse.

When Rich leaves the Reds or retires in a few years, then who would be the 3B? Hopefully we have someone at the healm then who will recognize this, but I truly believe that the Reds FO still believes that Edwin is the 3B of the future!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

They should send him to Louisville.Really. He's not going to play consistently up here and that can only hurt him. Leave him down there until he's 26 or 27. You know,just when he's ready to peak. Plus,by then he'll have that musty smell of veteran stank.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

When does Denorfia go back to AAA? We've heard all year he needs to play everyday.

he may be scrappy by then

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    He's already outperforming his competition on this team. He's also shown the ability to hit both righthanders and lefthanders, which Aurilia cannot.

I'm holding out for a trade of RA for Kyle Lohse.
    Hmmmm? Well, there are two sides of a coin...how many errors does the guy have at 3b? 15 Rich has 4 in just about half as much playing time there over the season while putting up comparable numbers at the plate.

EE

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
    2006 62 212 33 62 21 1 7 42 106 23 41 0 1 .384 .500 .292

RA
    2006 72 256 42 73 17 1 13 38 131 23 31 1 0 .343 .512 .285
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I am just hoping and praying by the Reds sitting him like this and such that he doesn't turn into the next version of a Brandon Larsen. That would be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60
    I am just hoping and praying by the Reds sitting him like this and such that he doesn't turn into the next version of a Brandon Larsen. That would be sad.
    Braden Larsen is exactly who I was thinking of and him sitting is not going to make him choke the way Larsen did when he got to the big leagues. Him sitting may actually allow him to learn...he can still take fielding practice and while watching big league players every day can become more comfortable to take over the position next year or the year after.

If Lopez can be traded because he is making too many errors in the field after going to the All Star game the year prior I've pretty much got to believe that this FO knows what they want to see out of their players.

Turn Off Ads?