Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former N'Sync singer comes out of the closet

Former N'Sync singer comes out of the closet

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-07-27/

Former 'N Sync singer Lance Bass has revealed he is gay and is in a "very stable" relationship with The Amazing Race reality TV star Reichen Lehmkuhl. The 27-year-old was afraid of coming out as a homosexual during his time with the US boy band because he feared his sexuality would damage the group's commercial prospects. He tells People magazine, "I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything. I didn't know. Could that be the end of 'N Sync? So I had that weight on me of like, 'Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did." Since the boy band leaped to fame in 1997, his bandmates Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez and Joey Fatone have been romantically linked to a host of female celebrities, but Bass' love life has remained low-key. He adds, "The thing is, I'm not ashamed - that's the one thing I want to say. I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy. The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life. Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about." Bass is currently developing a TV sitcom with Fatone in which his character will be a homosexual. Fatone was the first 'N Sync member to find out Bass' sexuality. He says, "He took years to really think about how he was going to tell everyone. I back him up 100 percent."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: Former N'Sync singer comes out of the closet

I'm not gonna touch that one.

For a Level Playing Field

Good for him. I hope he has peace of mind.

I am shocked.....
    Absolutely shocked.....

Never saw this one coming.
    [/sarcasm]

Next thing you'll tell me is that Elton John is gay.

yeah right!!!!

Seems to me that N Sync should hold a press conference to announce if any of them are NOT gay. Otherwise they are just stating the obvious.

Not that there is anything wrong with that....

Newsflash: Liberace was too.

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Newsflash: Liberace was too.

So was Rock Hudson.

Or, if this was the Flintstones... "Rock Rockstone is Rockier than a Rock-Cake."

But again, to quote Castanza, "Not that there is anything wrong with that."

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Good for him. I hope he has peace of mind.
    Amen. Although I do believe the real question is, who didn't think he was gay.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

i went grocery shopping today and happened to see lance on the cover of people magazine as i was standing in line...in big letters it reads "I'm Gay"

it made me chuckle...

For a Level Playing Field

It seems like it was obvious to most. I didn't know. Probably has something to do with the fact that I like stuff like Metallica, Iron Maiden and the like. Could not tell you the name of a single N'Sync song title (or Boys to Men or 98 Degrees or etc, etc, etc). I had heard this guy's name b/c of the Russian Pay $$$ to Go Into Space Program.

Now that I have made it known that I am one of few who had no clue... I also do not really care about his sexuality. Nor do I care about yours or anyone elses (except my wife). I wish everyone could just keep that info. to themselves. WHO CARES!??!

With that being said... <hypocrite> I am heterosexual. Ahhhhh, I feel better. Thanks for caring.

i wish a hollywood or musical type would actually have a press conference to announce he or she is straight...now that would be a shock

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    i wish a hollywood or musical type would actually have a press conference to announce he or she is straight...now that would be a shock
    Why not...Mike Piazza did.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

A boy band member is gay?

What is the world coming to??!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    A boy band member is gay?

What is the world coming to??!?!?!!?!?!?!?
    Yeah, I thought the whole point of being in a boy band was to get underage chicks.

I remember back when N'Sync first got big, it seemed like Lance Bass was the one who got invited to appear on game shows and as a guest star on other TV shows. Then suddenly it was Justin Timberlake getting all the PR, and Lance Bass faded from view.

This explains that. I guess word got around Hollywood.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?