Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: mr castellini's comments

part of BBN

Re: mr castellini's comments

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    So he doesn't capitalize and doesn't space between sentences?

Relax guys, it's a message board.
    thank you or should i say Thank You FCB

oh btw, i am not a fast typist and mainly chicken peck the keyboard which may be the reason a lot of us dont type as good as others.as far as our "schools" . 3.3 college gpa . i work around 60 hrs a week,and try periodically to catch up with the news on here.my grammer got me thru school , college, and a good job.sorry if it is offensive to "some" on a fan-friendly messageboard !

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Yeah, I don't think Milton would be too good of a bet to return to Philadelphia.

Only realistic way we could take on Abreu is if we traded Jr and LaRue in that deal.
    Reminds me a lot of another great Philly star that this team missed out on due to being cheap. It is the kind of small-minded thinking that I wish would go away for this team.

Make the deal, make the playoffs, and bring the fans back with winning baseball. Then, suddenly, budgets become a lot less constricting.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

You know, ever since I started reading the internet I would see people criticizing others for misspellings or improper grammer or some other crime. Usually the people doing the critcizing misspelled something in their post. Moral of the story: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Also, this is not English class. If you have a problem with the way someone else posts, take it private cause most of us do not care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by jmac
    then dont read it.if everyone isnt as perfect as others i guess that is your loss.i try to participate sometimes in this board but it is junk like this that makes me stay away when i do.
    best,
    bad grammar man

My two cents?:

I liketomoveitmoveit!, I liketo I liketo, i liketomoveitmoveit! OH NO TECHNO!

BUMBITA-BUDDA-DEE BUMBITA-BUDDA-DEE BUMBITA-BUDDA-DEE BUMBITA-BUDDA-DEE BUMBITA-BUDDA-DEE BUMBITA-BUDDA-DEE

...and that is my contribution to this thread.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by ickey333
    BTW, I obviously don't post much, but there is no other message board like this one. Thanks guys.
    Wow, 9 posts in 19 months.. Don't be so shy. Good post.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony
    Would a deal of LaRue, Denorfia, Votto, Germano, Shafer, and Milton work for Abreu and Leiber?

Reds add $10 million in payroll for 2007, remember, to the deal.

Of course, Miltie already ran out his welcome in Philly, didn't he?
    I don't think anyone would take Milton.

With Leiber making 7 million next year, and Abreu making 13.5 this year (and probably around that much next year), it is a lot of salary to take on.

However, that might drive down the cost in prospects. Maybe Cast will bite the bullet for 2007, realizing that Milton's salary rolls off the books then.

I've only read about the Millage-Abreau rumor. That does set the price a bit on the high side. It would probably take at least one of our crown jewels in AA to make this deal, but I think it's worth it if the team truly wants to win this year. Both Abreau and Lieber should be contributors for awhile.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    You know, ever since I started reading the internet I would see people criticizing others for misspellings or improper grammer or some other crime. Usually the people doing the critcizing misspelled something in their post. Moral of the story: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Also, this is not English class. If you have a problem with the way someone else posts, take it private cause most of us do not care.
    if i could say one more thing on this.i am a songwriter , and playwriter as well as reds fan.if you read my songs, plays etc that are handwritten ,you would find very very few flaws.i am "not" a good typist.i can barely type 2 words without messing up so i have others do my typing. on here ....i naturally do it. it goes something like this as far as sound: peck peck peck.
    so many times i dont bother hitting the caps button because i have enough trouble hitting the letter buttons.there was basically no internet when i was in school and typing was not a big class to take.this may be the reason others as well as I , dont use caps as the beginning of every sentence.

as far as "biting the bullet",which i still have a copy of that statement;i didnt know if he was referring to
    1 renting a player (zito type)
    2 getting player under contract (tejada type)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    [

Wow, 9 posts in 19 months.. Don't be so shy. Good post.

I'm just trying to stay on the same pace as Milton and the number of quality starts per millions of dollars he's making...although after today's flurry of posts (3), I'm gonna have to now take a few months off

vermilion

Hi, everyone. I just found out about this site via the Reds' Usenet group. I've been a poster there for years and thought I'd sign up over here as well.

On the topic of getting Abreu and Lieber from Philadelphia, I don't think that deal helps the Reds much at all.

Even with the Kearns/Lopez departures and Griffey's going in the tank lately, the team is still third or fourth in NL runs scored. You can never have too much offense, but I would rate that need far behind improvements to both starting and relief pitching. I would certainly be glad to have a player like Abreu in right field, but not for what it would cost to get him and definitely not what it would cost to keep him. If acquired, the 2007 Reds outfield salary would come in around $38 million (with some of Griffey's deferred). If the options for both Dunn and Abreu would be picked up for 2008, the outfield cost goes up over $40 million and also forces the team to keep Jay Bruce in the minor leagues at least until 2009 (not that he'd be ready yet, but...). Too much investment for an already effective offensive that already stands to improve with age the next couple of seasons.

On the matter of Lieber... yuck. He's acquirable, sure, but that's because he's been about as effective as Eric Milton has been. He's managed an ERA over 5.50 so far this year and opponents are hitting close to .300 against him, all atop of missing a month due to injury. That's not an arm that will help carry the 2006 Reds into the postseason, and certainly not one worth paying millions for. I'd rather WK hold onto his cash until the winter and look for a pitcher worth spending the money on.

Quote Originally Posted by vermilion
    Hi, everyone. I just found out about this site via the Reds' Usenet group. I've been a poster there for years and thought I'd sign up over here as well.

On the topic of getting Abreu and Lieber from Philadelphia, I don't think that deal helps the Reds much at all.

Even with the Kearns/Lopez departures and Griffey's going in the tank lately, the team is still third or fourth in NL runs scored. You can never have too much offense, but I would rate that need far behind improvements to both starting and relief pitching. I would certainly be glad to have a player like Abreu in right field, but not for what it would cost to get him and definitely not what it would cost to keep him. If acquired, the 2007 Reds outfield salary would come in around $38 million (with some of Griffey's deferred). If the options for both Dunn and Abreu would be picked up for 2008, the outfield cost goes up over $40 million and also forces the team to keep Jay Bruce in the minor leagues at least until 2009 (not that he'd be ready yet, but...). Too much investment for an already effective offensive that already stands to improve with age the next couple of seasons.

On the matter of Lieber... yuck. He's acquirable, sure, but that's because he's been about as effective as Eric Milton has been. He's managed an ERA over 5.50 so far this year and opponents are hitting close to .300 against him, all atop of missing a month due to injury. That's not an arm that will help carry the 2006 Reds into the postseason, and certainly not one worth paying millions for. I'd rather WK hold onto his cash until the winter and look for a pitcher worth spending the money on.
    Welcome to the board vermilion

Great post to get your RZ career started
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I have no fear ownership will pony up $$ if a deal is there to be made. I have more fear at this point that the kind of player we want to add to this team is not on the market. That said, Krivsky will do something else to help these guys IMO, especially if Germano has a bad start Saturday.

Yeah, I think we have to be realistic on what is out there.

Abreu and Lieber would be a bad acquistion. Abreu gets $15 mil next year and having $35 mil tied up in the outfield next year would not help us. Take that money and put it to pitching and a SS.

Castellini has already shown money was not an issue when he dumped Womack and Dave Williams. We got lucky the Mets took Williams off our hands but he is willing. But do not chase bad trades.

If the Reds were going to chase offense, they should go after Tejada or maybe Orlando Cabrera if Tejada is traded there. Cabrera is decent offensively and can pick it at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by VR
    I have the privelege of working with many who can't spell, or speak English. When they are in need of correction or even advice on how to better communicate, I take it to them in a graceful private forum, because it's more important to me for them to feel part of our community for who they are, not how much they are like the others.

Before someone is taught to spell, they are taught the skill of common courtesy and respect? "Poor spellers need not apply" isn't part of the Redszone credo. Is it therefore not acceptable to set those skills aside when dealing with our Redszone "community"? Back in the days before Redszone, it was common to bash those who couldn't spell, use correct grammar or clearly state a thought on the Reds board. We're better than that, aren't we?

By the way, this isn't a shot at RBA, he is a Red Blooded American after all .

Just my rant for the day on respect for others.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I don't think its a situation where adding payroll is necessarily the problem. I think that could be done within reason. The problem is you don't want to completely mortgage your future for 1 season. Sure, a trade here or there that makes since for now and may cost you a little in the long run, maybe you do it.
    The problem is with this year is that there are more buyers than sellers, which is going to drive up what it takes to get those players you need for the stretch run. Unlike some teams the Reds count on their farm system to bring up talent. If the Yankees had Homer Bailey and they could trade him now for a Willis, I think they do it. The Reds just cannot afford to do that. Heck, do they Reds have enough money to sign a player like Willis long term anyway?? With Bailey they will have him for a few years before he is ready to make the big contract if he turns out to be the real deal.

First, ya gotta find 'em.

After ya find 'em, ya gotta be able to make a deal that doesn't disrupt what's working for the team and that doesn't break the farm by giving up the future.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?