Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mr castellini's comments

Re: mr castellini's comments

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Me too
    He'd certainly make me forget all about Austin Kearns..

And Jon Lieber in the rotation? He's not the best, but dang.. he's no Joe Mays. Sign me up for this deal, especially if its going to cost Denorfia, Germano, and taking on cash.

Where the heck do I sign up? Now just get me a new SS or 2B Krivs, and you've done well for yourself this year. VERY well. How can we add Jimmy Rollins to the deal? :
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nothing is wrong with Abreu aside from his power taking a bit of a vacation. He's still getting on base at a .429 clip. A LIFETIME OBP of .412 - 90 walks, 60 RBI. .280 hitter with a history of hitting closer to .300. Call me crazy, but I think Abreu is a pretty big name hitter.
    I agree and would love to see BC/Kriv get wild and bring Abreu to town. Install him in RF. Move Freel to 2B, Philips to SS. Deno will have to tread some more water until Jr is moved from CF.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    Call me crazy, but I think Abreu is a pretty big name hitter.
    I won't be calling anyone crazy on this board. Abreu would be a nice addition also. Players that can be counted on to produce for the next 3-4 years making a big impact on the field, in the attendance, and taking pressure off of Dunn, Griffey, the pitching, et el. until Krivsky can build up the minor league talent in the reasonable future.

What would people be willing to give up to get Abreu (assuming a deal was possible)?

Quote Originally Posted by VR
    I have the privelege of working with many who can't spell, or speak English. When they are in need of correction or even advice on how to better communicate, I take it to them in a graceful private forum, because it's more important to me for them to feel part of our community for who they are, not how much they are like the others.

Before someone is taught to spell, they are taught the skill of common courtesy and respect? "Poor spellers need not apply" isn't part of the Redszone credo. Is it therefore not acceptable to set those skills aside when dealing with our Redszone "community"? Back in the days before Redszone, it was common to bash those who couldn't spell, use correct grammar or clearly state a thought on the Reds board. We're better than that, aren't we?

By the way, this isn't a shot at RBA, he is a Red Blooded American after all .

Just my rant for the day on respect for others.
    Actually, I'm not correcting the person's spelling. And I'm not bashing his thoughts; am I? I'm 100 percent sure the original poster knows how to use basic grammar skills such as capititalization, but has chosen not to use it. Most likely because it's easier to type and has come to be acceptable on the internet.

I think Lieber's contract for next year calls for $7M. Honestly, you'd think Krivsky would look for a F.A. pitcher this winter anyway, and I doubt he's going to find too many that he could sign to a 1 yr deal for $7 w/ a team option year the 2nd year.

I could live with Lieber being our #3 behind Arroyo and Harang.

Not sure how long Abreu's deal goes, but I know it's for a crap load of money. That would be hard for us to swallow. Abreu, Dunn, Griffey and Milton on this payroll. Yikes. That'd mean no money for Harang, Phillips, Ross, or Edwin going foward.

Maybe if we could get PHIL to take LaRue along with Denorfia, Germano and Dumatrait for those two, we'd be ok for this year. But going forward we'd be still pretty tight for cash...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This is not the place for a grammar debate (take it to Off-Topic if you like), and some of you engaging in such would be well-advised to mind your tongue - no amount of proper grammar makes up for being a rude git.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    This is not the place for a grammar debate (take it to Off-Topic if you like), and some of you engaging in such would be well-advised to mind your tongue - no amount of proper grammar makes up for being a rude git.
    This post gave me a very negative feeling, until you added

Our biggest needs right now are a starting pitcher and a middle infielder. I'd love to get Betemit from the Braves to take care of the middle infield, but I just don't see any starting pitching out there that's worth making a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    What would people be willing to give up to get Abreu (assuming a deal was possible)?
    Tough but realistic question. I would think that Krivsky would have to use his resources to build up the teams pitching first, so that might make the desire for a big name bat that produces now an impossibility.

Tough but realistic question. I would think that Krivsky would have to use his resources to build up the teams pitching first, so that might make the desire for a big name bat that produces now an impossibility.
    Very true. I started to reply that he could make this deal now and worry about pitching in the offseason but that is a butt load of sallary to take on, even if BC opens the pocket book and we unload LaRue.

Dare to dream, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Actually, I'm not correcting the person's spelling. And I'm not bashing his thoughts; am I? I'm 100 percent sure the original poster knows how to use basic grammar skills such as capititalization, but has chosen not to use it. Most likely because it's easier to type and has come to be acceptable on the internet.
    got it, case closed.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Would a deal of LaRue, Denorfia, Votto, Germano, Shafer, and Milton work for Abreu and Leiber?

Reds add $10 million in payroll for 2007, remember, to the deal.

Of course, Miltie already ran out his welcome in Philly, didn't he?

Yeah, I don't think Milton would be too good of a bet to return to Philadelphia.

Only realistic way we could take on Abreu is if we traded Jr and LaRue in that deal.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    When someone told you typing in caps was equal to shouting, I think you took it a little too far.

I'm seeing this type of grammar all over the internet. I'm a little disappointed it's allowed to flourish and grow. :thumbdown
    then dont read it.if everyone isnt as perfect as others i guess that is your loss.i try to participate sometimes in this board but it is junk like this that makes me stay away when i do.
    best,
    bad grammar man

Turn Off Ads?