Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

Thread: Dungeons and Dragons

  1. #16
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Seriously, LARP is the only way to go.
    Pros: smokin' hot goth chicks in leather and fishnets.

    Cons: smokin' hot goth chicks in leather and fishnets are usually totally-freaking-crazy (and the ones who LARP usually want to cut you and drink your blood).
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go

    Cons: smokin' hot goth chicks in leather and fishnets are usually totally-freaking-crazy (and the ones who LARP usually want to cut you and drink your blood).
    And you're not okay with this?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  4. #18
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    And you're not okay with this?
    Not anymore.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  5. #19
    Attack Cat! OUReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    681

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    And you're not okay with this?
    I'm with Zombie on this one. It's one of those things that sounds a lot better then it actually is.

  6. #20
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Pros: smokin' hot goth chicks in leather and fishnets.

    Cons: smokin' hot goth chicks in leather and fishnets are usually totally-freaking-crazy (and the ones who LARP usually want to cut you and drink your blood).
    4009



  7. #21
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre

    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  8. #22
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Mistress Cleo again?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  9. #23
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,617

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    :runawaycr
    Go Gators!

  10. #24
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Ive got kid pride.
    Kitty Pryde.

    Rivers Cuomo is rolling over in his grave right now.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  11. #25
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Oh, that's cold, when geeks turn upon their own...

    I prefer actual human contact with a group of friends, kicking back a few beers, telling jokes, and rolling some dice to sitting in front of a PC in a darkened room.
    That's what these MMORPG'ers don't understand. The whole point of role playing is human interaction. It's like improv acting. I've come up with some of my funniest ideas and jokes while riffing with my friends and playing superhero RPGs.

    (D&D is for cretins, BTW).
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  12. #26
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    (D&D is for cretins, BTW).
    So what are you playing, Hero System? M&M? I'll respect your statement so long as you don't say Palladium.

    I've got half the group willing to give Shadowrun a shot, but we've been sidetracked by the idea of running a pirates/swashbucklers game - which D&D is magnificently suited for.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  13. #27
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    That's what these MMORPG'ers don't understand. The whole point of role playing is human interaction. It's like improv acting. I've come up with some of my funniest ideas and jokes while riffing with my friends and playing superhero RPGs.

    (D&D is for cretins, BTW).
    Luddite.
    4009



  14. #28
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    20,932

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Oh, that's cold, when geeks turn upon their own...

    I prefer actual human contact with a group of friends, kicking back a few beers, telling jokes, and rolling some dice to sitting in front of a PC in a darkened room.

    MMORPGs are like porn - they're entertaining, but I'd rather have sex.

    Exactly, I haven't played in a long time, but I remember a lot of late nights having a lot of fun, sharing stories, and arguing about the rules. We had one guy that was a pretty inexperienced DM. That made for hillarious nights. Once he got a monsters XP confused with HP, so we had to kill something that had 450 HP.
    Computer games don't come close.

    I still have all my books .. Got the first printing of all the AD+D stuff from the 70's/80's ( don't remember when they came out). I lost my basic and expert D+D boxed sets though
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

  15. #29
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    So, it's obvious that there are only two possibilities regarding you pencil and paper types here. Either you just hate trees, or you are afraid of technology. D&D as a mechanism for greater social interaction? P-Shaw.


    4009



  16. #30
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: Dungeons and Dragons

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    So what are you playing, Hero System? M&M? I'll respect your statement so long as you don't say Palladium.
    Hero System, but it's been years since I played. The last campaign I ran was much like the universe in "The Venture Bros." cartoon, except it was 10 years ago. We were a group of patriotic heroes called the United States States' Friends, or USSF. (They used to be called the United States Friends League, but they got sued by a bunch of old football team owners, so they changed it.)

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    So, it's obvious that there are only two possibilities regarding you pencil and paper types here. Either you just hate trees, or you are afraid of technology. D&D as a mechanism for greater social interaction? P-Shaw.
    I'd rather hang out with people I know than jump online and go adventuring with Sven the submissive Norwegian necrophilliac and Larry the child predator who's looking for his next victim.

    I meet enough of those types on RedsZone.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25