Turn Off Ads?

Thread: fan charges field

fan charges field

I didn't notice that a fan came on the field today n between innings of the Reds game. They have a picture of the guy getting tackled at home plate on ESPN.com at the reds clubhouse

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: fan charges field

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg39
    I didn't notice that a fan came on the field today n between innings of the Reds game. They have a picture of the guy getting tackled at home plate on ESPN.com at the reds clubhouse
    they mentioned it on the FSN North broadcast, but did not show it.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg39
    Do you have a link to the picture? I checked the ESPN website but it didnt have the picture up on the main page or the MLB page.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Do you have a link to the picture? I checked the ESPN website but it didnt have the picture up on the main page or the MLB page.
    I think he meant on the Reds page at ESPN.com
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Yeah, here

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/photo?photoId=1245206&team=cin"]

there it is.

he was trying to touch home plate. he looked safe to me.

Chorizo needs round the clock security.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup

there it is.

Yeah, I agree, he was in there!

Freel should have ran out of the dugout and tackled him.

It wasn't between innings; it was during the game.

They stopped play until he was apprehended but never showed him (as it should be).
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

1st thought: That's a tackle?!?

2nd thought: Look at the ump, he's got his hand ready to call him "OUT" :lol
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

The Buckeye Bomber

there it is.

This is what happens when you name your team the Brewers and play in Miller park! Drunks doing crazy things
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    They stopped play until he was apprehended but never showed him (as it should be).
    Why should they not show it? So that people won't be encouraged to do it?

Well IMO that picture being on ESPN.com is more than enough to motivate people.

What other aspects of life do we catch some insane act by a human, on camera and then refuse to show it? Do you ever watch the cable news? The second they get footage of anyone, doing anything, they show it. But if a guy runs on the field during a sporting event all we get is some stupid diatribe from the play by play guy about what is going on and how they won't show that kind of thing. Whatever. Its the year 2006. If someone wants to run on the field and make a fool of themselves, who cares? If the guy wants to be an idiot out of himself, let him do it. Why keep his identity hidden? Let his family and his boss see him. To me that is punishment, not an encouragement.

They used to show this stuff when it happened and then it was like the TV stations got all moral. But meanwhile they show as much of bench clearing brawls as they can. They had no problem showing Narron get in the umps face. Is that kind of behavior something they want to, encourage?

Its crazy. Right now I am watching pictures of people throwing rocks and other objects at the UN building in Beruit. Apparently we DO want to encourage that kind of behavior, eh?
    Last edited by MaineRed; 07-30-2006 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Turn Off Ads?