Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who Would You Want?

GriffeyRocks80

Who Would You Want?

Good Morning,

Given the state of the pitching that may or may not be available, I thought I'd list two that the Reds would likely have a good shot at getting: Minnesota's Kyle Lohse, and Kansas City's Mark Redman. If given the choice between them, who would you pick?

STATS:

Lohse: 22 G / 63.2 IP / 80 H / 8 HR / 25 BB / 46 K / 7.07 ERA / 1.65 WHIP

Redman: 17 G / 102 IP / 111 H / 13 HR / 38 BB / 45 K / 5.03 ERA / 1.46 WHIP

Lohse is going to be 28 in October, and Redman's 32. Plus, Lohse makes about $500,000 less than Redman. Maybe a change in scenery is what Lohse needs to get back on track, but the Reds might not be willing to take a chance on that, given their current situation. If I had to choose, I think I'd take Redman, just based on this season's performance. Their career numbers are relatively close to one another, as Redman is 60-71 with a 4.52 ERA, and Lohse is 51-57 with a 4.89. Lohse has surrendered 128 HRs compared to Redman's 122.

I'd like to see what everyone thinks about these two.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Would You Want?

Neither one is very good. It's kinda like asking, "Which would you rather have, herpes or the clap?"

I guess of the two I would take her...I mean Redman.

GriffeyRocks80

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    Neither one is very good. It's kinda like asking, "Which would you rather have, herpes or the clap?"

I guess of the two I would take her...I mean Redman.

I didn't say they were great ... only that they'd probably be available. I know everyone would like Barry Zito to come to Cincy, but that would cost the Reds a lot, and it doesn't seem likely. Both of these guys, Lohse and Redman, would likely be upgrades over Joe Mays, and have more experience than Justin Germano, who, by the way, didn't pitch all that poorly last night.

I know what your saying. I would take a high school freshman on the mound over Joe Mays. I really think Germano showed enough that he could help us out during the final stretch of the season. I know he has no experience but he isn't gonna cost us anything. Unfortunately by the time he would be able to be given another shot at showing he can help us out the deadline will be long gone.

I guess I will just trust Krivsky to do what he thinks will help the most.

Neither of these guys is better than our current in house options of Germano, Claussen et. all
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Neither of these guys is better than our current in house options of Germano, Claussen et. all
    yeah - I agree. I'll take the what's behind the curtain, Bob!

Turn Off Ads?