Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zito

VWRED

Re: Zito

Zitto will be a Met If anywhere

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm hearing the Mets latest offer has been Milledge and Heilman which if I was Beane I would take. If the Reds were to jump into the mix I would make sure we could sign him, no need for rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    the talk out here in Los Angeles is that the Dodgers are the front runners behind the scenes in getting Zito..no joke

also dodgers are trying to get rid of Penny and Lowe..i would like to see Derek Lowe in a reds uniform. his sinker would do well in great american, and keep balls in the park
    I would have Maddux here before Lowe if I had my wheters about it. I believe a lot of Lowe's hype is inflated from that 2004 post-season and maybe 1 or 2 regular season totals. Though Maddux is older, he has remained consistant throughout his career.

LOL Im telling u he's either going to Anaheim or the Dodgers

where did Zito go to college people?

Usc?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

the talk out here in Los Angeles is that the Dodgers are the front runners behind the scenes in getting Zito..no joke

also dodgers are trying to get rid of Penny and Lowe..i would like to see Derek Lowe in a reds uniform. his sinker would do well in great american, and keep balls in the park
    Lowe, with his good sinker could win 23 games. (My prediction) Does he get to bring that hot TV anchor with him?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

If you can't pitch in Dodger stadium you sure as hell can't pitch here.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    If you can't pitch in Dodger stadium you sure as hell can't pitch here.
    Agreed.

Say no to Lowe.
    Go Gators!

LOL Im telling u he's either going to Anaheim or the Dodgers

where did Zito go to college people?
    What does that have to do with anything? Do you think he wants to live in the dorms?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    What does that have to do with anything? Do you think he wants to live in the dorms?
    It has everything to do with Zito.. if you know anything about the guy, he's a "west coast" type of player. He'll stay in CA.. watch.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

That's always been the word on Zito - may not stay with the A's, but will stay one the left coast. Money can change sentiment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Lowe, with his good sinker could win 23 games. (My prediction) Does he get to bring that hot TV anchor with him?
    my thoughts exactly..he is a headcase and he needs to get out of large market cities to avoid meltdowns and come to Cincy in a calm atmosphere and just pitch.

lol yeah Fox fired hit hot home wrecking GF

and the comment for the reds/flyers fan guy, is that it has everything to do with it. He loves SoCal. He wants to play music as well (as lame as that is, its true) and knows L.A. is where to be.

if he gets traded to NY, its for a rental and everyone knows it. He'll pitch for a few months but EVERYONE knows he'd rather be traded to LA/Anaheim, and sign with them after the season meaning Anaheim or the Dodgers will give Beane a helluva lot more talent knowing they can resign him after the season and that he's not just a rental

jesus its not rocket science

I'm just wondering what kind of package it would take to get Lowe--something like LaRue and Claussen with a prospect on their end for eating his salary?

The thing you always have to remember with the A's, is that they typically want prospects/players that are major league ready or very close. That usually means AA or above, so even if we wanted to deal someone like Bruce (which I wouldn't want to do) that probably wouldn't be what they're looking for. It would almost have to involve Bailey.

Well I think Zito will definitely NOT be traded. Why on earth would Oakland trade one of their best pitchers while they're in contention? They would be waving the white flag. I see him finishing out the season in Oakland, then moving elsewhere during the offseason.

Turn Off Ads?