Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt In Char Nc

Re: Matt In Char Nc

Great pics, Randy. Is that you sitting on the bucket of balls in the second picture?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks, BaseClogger. To answer your question, no, that is the father of one of the other kids. I coach third base and don't get to sit much!
    Last edited by RollyInRaleigh; 08-31-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Looks like your hard work and investment is paying dividends Randy.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Thanks, GAC. We have invested a lot of time and hard work. He works at it and is a good listener, most of the time. We have our days, but for the most part, he listens to me and makes the adjustments. The key is, he still loves it and wants to be good.

Matt pitched a no-hitter on Sunday in a Super NIT tournament in Columbia, SC. He has flirted with it before, having pitched 4 one hitters, but this was his first "no-no."

Overall for the fall, 9 innings pitched allowing only 1 run, 3 hits, no walks, and 16 strikeouts. I'm real proud of my little lefty. (Well, he's not so little any more)

Last edited by RollyInRaleigh; 07-19-2011 at 05:28 PM.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/attac...1&d=1311111180

Matt pitching for the Indiana Bulls in the Best of the Midwest Tournament in Bloomington Indiana last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/attac...1&d=1311111180

Matt pitching for the Indiana Bulls in the Best of the Midwest Tournament in Bloomington Indiana last weekend.
    I have umpired Bulls games the last 2 weekends. One tournament was at Butler and the other was at North Central HS. This team kinda looks familiar. Is their manager a thin, dark skinned guy??

BTW I have #42 on my umpire shirt, so look for me sometime.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 07-19-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The manager is on the far right, standing up in the picture, George. That was the last tournament of the season for the 13U group. I will be looking for you next season!

Future Reds Star!

Some pics of Matt's last game. Brownsburg vs Lafayette Jefferson at Brownsburg's Rose Park.

And yes, run support is a wonderful thing!

Nice pics.

How is his season going?

More important, how is the umpiring?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The freshman team is 6-1 and looks to be very talented. They scrimmaged the JV team and beat them before the season got started. The Varsity team is senior dominated and has been a little disappointing so far. (13 seniors) Matt is 2-0 and has both conference wins for the freshman team, beating Westfield and Lafayette Jefferson. They lost to Carmel's JV, 9-4, on a rainy Saturday in the first game of a DH in which the coach didn't start his regular lineup. We still haven't figured that one out. The second game was rained out, and was to be against their freshmen. Lots of opportunity for varsity next season with all the seniors leaving.

The umpiring has been OK. Pleased with that so far. Supposed to be playing at Lebanon tonight if the rain holds off. Matt will pitch again on Saturday in the Brownsburg Invitational. They have a 3 man starting rotation that they have stuck to so far.

Some pics of Matt from Summer Baseball

Turn Off Ads?