Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt In Char Nc

Re: Matt In Char Nc

Quote Originally Posted by ochre

Wow. What a fantastic picture of Junior's stroke.

Matt, still waiting on that autograph.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Wow. What a fantastic picture of Junior's stroke.

Matt, still waiting on that autograph.
    I'll have to remind Matt again that he needs an agent. I don't want to see him reducing the market value of his autographs by giving them out to every groupie that comes along.
    Randy, I wish my two younger sons had you as a coach. I know good hitting when I see it, but I am not much of an instructor.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Thanks for the kind compliments, RedsBaron. I'm just glad that I can help him with his game, which is something that I received very little of when I was a kid. A lot of the parents around the ballfield ask where he goes for hitting lessons and who his hitting coach is. (You'd have to understand the South Charlotte area where we live. A little different for a country boy from Cabell Co.) I heard him say once, "My garage and my dad." Kind of got a chuckle out of that one.

I hear a lot of fathers say that their kids won't listen to them, but that has never been the case with Matt. I feel very fortunate in that regard. The thing that I see with Matt is that he has a lot of confidence because of the work that we put in, plus, there is a measure of trust involved with us. We have a "run-in" from time to time when I get a little to critical for his liking. but for the most part, he really listens.

He's a lucky kid with a lucky father.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Just to get a kid to listen to you in ANYTHING is a miracle.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Looks like he's got a great swing
    My thought exactly!

Finished up the season with a December tournament in Myrtle Beach. We won both our games on Saturday, with Matt driving in three runs in the second game and going 3-5 in both games. The first game, was short as we were up 14-0 in the fourth inning and emptied our bench early. We were to play for the Championship in Sunday but rain got in the way so we came home early. Great season for Matt. He played in nearly 100 games since March. He asked me on the way home when the spring season starts.

For now, it's his first entry into basketball. He's doing well so far.

Been a while since I posted any photos of my boy. Here are some photos of Matt from this summer in the 10 year old Little League District tournament here in Charlotte. My team finished second. Matt had a great season, hitting near .700 with two homeruns in district tournament play. He also was 5-0 in All-Star play as a pitcher and pitched a 4 inning one hitter in the district semi-final with 7 strikeouts and another two hitter with 9 strikeouts.

He is now playing on the top 11 and under travel team in the Charlotte area, the Charlotte Hurricanes, and is having a blast. We will be traveling to Myrtle Beach this weekend to play at the Ripken Baseball Experience which has some really fantastic facilities. If my wife takes any photos, I will post some shots of the facility.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/attac...1&d=1223393152

perfect swing. literally.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

A lefty!

Randy, what's you opinion on letting little leaguers throw curveballs?

If they learn to throw it correctly, I have no problem if they throw it on a very limited basis. Believe me, I see a lot of kids trying to throw it when they are warming up and fooling around. The problem is, very few are throwing it correctly, and for me, that is where a lot of kids are hurting their arms. To the extent that I see it in the Little League World Series? No. Some of those kids are throwing it way too much.

Terrific photos, Randy.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Man! That is one beautiful looking swing! Who taught that boy?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

To paraphrase Mel Brooks, 'It's good to be the lefty.'

Rem

Turn Off Ads?