Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN!!

Why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN!!

http://www.kevinolean.net/article.ph...60725220939754

One site I found had to say this:

We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN yesterday, because ESPN hasn't put out a statement or anything (and they don't have to), but we can tell you what the chatter in Bristol is: Everyone is hearing sexual harassment. Every single email we've received from the inside about this today has used those very two words.

Again, nothing concrete on this. But that is definitely what they're whispering in Bristol. Some highlights:

• Thirdhand info, but I'm told it's sexual harassment. There were allegations of inappropriate actions between him and female PAs on a couple different occasions, so I'm not entirely shocked.

• It's apparently sexual harassment, but no one knows who the victim was. It went down over the course of the weekend.

• I have on good authority that HR was fired for all things, hitting on girls. Allegedly, this has been going on for a while. The last straw was when a new PA was having none of what Harold had to offer and turned him in.

• Harold Reynolds was fired more or less for copious amounts of sexual harassment. Apparently, he brazenly hits on female employees constantly, despite the fact that his wife just had a kid six months ago. He was warned by the big-wigs on numerous occasions to cool it with the ladies, but someone finally lodged a complaint, and he was canned immediately.

• It's very difficult to get fired from ESPN. It takes multiple offenses ... they're usually so worried about getting sued for unlawful termination that people are suspended multiple times for the same repeated behavior before it finally comes to getting fired. Within the walls of the campus, there are only a few on-air talent guys that had an honest reputation as being overly friendly with the ladies, and HR was one of them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN!!

Interesting, you know it has to be something big.

I believe this was already posted in another thread.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I was wondering if this was suppose to be breaking news. The reason has been out there for a day or so.
    Last edited by Spitball; 07-28-2006 at 07:10 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

"We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN yesterday"
    Until they can say "for sure" why he was, I wont listen to the rumors. It's likely though that ESPN won't say anything unless there's a lot of grumbling from people about it, and even then they might not out of respect for Reynolds. If it is something bad and I was him, I wouldn't want them to drag my name through the mud, so I think it's better to jus let people speculate.

Harold got fired for hitting on Kruk!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Yeah, it was.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Harold got traded to FSN for an analyst to be named later.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Sorry, didnt see it... Just assuming many didnt see it in the other thread since at first the thread didnt say anything about why HR was fired, but only later on the 3rd or 4th page...

I heard he wanted to come "out" on the air and ESPN felt it wasn't appropriate.

Turn Off Ads?