Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Astros offer for Tejada!

Astros offer for Tejada!

This was posted on mlbtraderumours.com

"Tim Purpura has given to the Orioles for Miguel Tejada: Adam Everett, Morgan Ensberg, and Fernando Nieve. According to Carroll, Tim Purpura is focused on Tejada and is being urged by Roger Clemens to go get him.
    "

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Astros offer for Tejada!

As has been posted before, it will take much more than Tejada to upright that sinking ship. I believe the 'stros problems go much deeper than what Tejada alone can correct
    Last edited by dman; 07-28-2006 at 11:14 PM.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...9e679a310ea520

Friday, July 28, 9 p.m. ET: The Orange County Register is reporting that the Angels turned down a deal of Scot Shields, Ervin Santana and Howie Kendrick for Miguel Tejada. Well, of course they did. I was able to independently confirm this, though there's some indication that I may have the same source as the Register. The O's are doing their due diligence, seeing if the Astros offer is the best available. All indications are that they are ready and willing to move Tejada.

The flurry cometh. A bunch of deals after Lee got dealt, I knew it and I love it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

So what do folks think? Is that a good deal for HOU or for BAL?

I think Everett and Ensberg are both nice players and can help. Nieve is going to be needed to replace Clemens or Pettite next year. But Tejada does make them much better this year, even if they get much worse next year and beyond in my opinion.

I also do not think Tejada is enough to get them in the race. That offense is putrid and this gives them only two bats instead of just one.

Turn Off Ads?