Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor from WLW

Trade rumor from WLW

got this from the reds.mlb.com boards

" 28708.1

On wlw just A few minutes ago said on a wlw report the reds are talking to zito but no trade has went down but I doubt it happens but they are talking..and also the reds are looking at greg maddux believe it or not..but no word yet might not even happen. just talks going on!! maybe a deal within the next few days is possible...!! "

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade rumor from WLW

BBTN said "The Reds are pushing very hard to get starting pitching"

let me be the first to say "It sounds made up."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    got this from the reds.mlb.com boards

" 28708.1

On wlw just A few minutes ago said on a wlw report the reds are talking to zito but no trade has went down but I doubt it happens but they are talking..and also the reds are looking at greg maddux believe it or not..but no word yet might not even happen. just talks going on!! maybe a deal within the next few days is possible...!! "
    Greg Maddux in a Reds uniform, keeeeeewl. Pleeease let this trade happen.

been listening to wlw and haven't heard anything yet. anyone else heard this?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

No thanks to Maddux...prob. have to overpay for a guy who has been getting knocked around of late. If he could be had without giving up major talent then ok.....

Wonder what Zito will command as far as trade?

Talking to Zito??? That must mean they have a deal in place, and they are discussing $$$? Hmmm, I doubt that 1 gets done. And I am actually concerned about what we would have to deal too get him!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I would take a chance on Maddux if its a mid-level prospect that gets it done. But I wouldn't give up much, even if it's a name #5 starter. I'd almost rather have Cory Lidle.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

No offense to our Reds but Maddux has a no trade clause. I don't think he would approve a trade here (I wish he would though). His home is in Vegas. He would probably only approve a trade on the west coast or MAYBE Atlanta.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

If we get either one, I'd also look for Bailey to be brought up and placed into a limited relief role.

ESPN insider says he (Maddux) would also consider the Mets now.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    No offense to our Reds but Maddux has a no trade clause. I don't think he would approve a trade here (I wish he would though). His home is in Vegas. He would probably only approve a trade on the west coast or MAYBE Atlanta.
    I know, but Maddux being my favorite player and the Reds being my favorite team, one can dream I guess. There's always the Xbox to where I can get him on a Reds team

Balls

According to the STLToday.com the Reds are interested in..."Rodrigo Lopez, SP, Orioles He has terrific stuff, but he has been a disastrous performer this season in Baltimore. Perhaps moving to a contender – and several top teams are interested, including the Reds – would spur better performance down the stretch."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...9?OpenDocument

Cruisin' for trouble

If the trade is for Zito, the Reds won't be bringing up Bailey - the A's will...next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    I know, but Maddux being my favorite player and the Reds being my favorite team, one can dream I guess.
    That reminds me the night I heard Tom Seaver was traded to the Reds. Before that, he was one of my favorite opposing players. I can understand you wanting this to happen. (fingers crossed)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?