Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor from WLW

Re: Trade rumor from WLW

Rodrigo Lopez?

You gotta be kiddin' me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    That reminds me the night I heard Tom Seaver was traded to the Reds. Before that, he was one of my favorite opposing players. I can understand you wanting this to happen. (fingers crossed)
    I remeber that trade also

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
    ESPN insider says he (Maddux) would also consider the Mets now.
    He wants to team with Glavine again, GREAT.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

As far as Lopez goes....I would rather the Reds give Germano a shot then to give up anything of substance for Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
    Talking to Zito??? That must mean they have a deal in place, and they are discussing $$$? Hmmm, I doubt that 1 gets done. And I am actually concerned about what we would have to deal too get him!

To get Zito? I'd imagine Dunn, Griffey, Freel, EdE, Aurilia and Phillips....the pitching market is high this year after all...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    If the trade is for Zito, the Reds won't be bringing up Bailey - the A's will...next year.

the only way i would trade for zito is if he signs a new deal.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

This could be the point that dealing off Kearns and Lopez so hastily could come back to haunt Krivsky. Weren't the Cubs interested in Kearns early on?

I would think that players see the Reds as a real contender with good management...I understand not wanting to come here with Dan O and Linder but things have changed greatly in less than 1 year. I don't get pitchers not wanting to play with a contender...wild card leader...with less than 60 games left in the season.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    This could be the point that dealing off Kearns and Lopez so hastily could come back to haunt Krivsky. Weren't the Cubs interested in Kearns early on?
    Could be. But I'm not sure Kearns/Lopez were very highly valued when they were dealt.

I don't think they would be principles in any deal for Zito. Maddux? Perhaps.

At this point we could throw out several names but to me I would think our biggest partners would be KC, Balt, and Philly to trade with. So Redman, Lidle, Lopez would be my top three possibilities. I just can't sse Krivs giving up that much (Wood, Cueto, and others) to get Zito.

But OTOH, Zito could be a more likely target to add a LH starter to the rotation

You might be able to get Maddux in a salary dump. Zito, serious chips, more than the Reds have.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Greg Maddux in a Reds uniform, keeeeeewl. Pleeease let this trade happen.
    He has a lot of family in the Cincinnati area. I would say he wouldn't mind it.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Balls
    According to the STLToday.com the Reds are interested in..."Rodrigo Lopez, SP, Orioles He has terrific stuff
    The only way Lopez has terrific stuff is if he bought it at the store, because dude sure as hell can't pitch.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Zito does not have the trade value you all think. He is a free agent and signed up Scott Boras. That means there is zero chance he will sign with his new team until he has tested the market. Bailey would not be required to get Zito.

Also the As are falling out of the race and Harden has been hurt all year.

I think Beane is looking to the future...

Turn Off Ads?