Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor from WLW

Re: Trade rumor from WLW

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    This could be the point that dealing off Kearns and Lopez so hastily could come back to haunt Krivsky. Weren't the Cubs interested in Kearns early on?

If that trade were not made when it was, the Reds would probably have three more losses than they do now and be less likely to be involved in major trade sweepstakes anyway.

Most GM's know that Kearns numbers are about average for a starting major league outfielder. Most fans dont realize that. His durability is waaay below average. Likeable local boy sure, but average MLB'er at best.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The A's are tied for 1st place in the AL West.

No way are they dealing Barry Zito right now.

The A's have said they are definately open to trading Zito, but only if they get Lastings Milledge. Of Course, that is just what Buster Olney keeps saying. If Zito goes anywhere, it's to the Mets.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by 91OSUAlum
    Also the As are falling out of the race
    The A's are in 1st place.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Clemson

zito for bruce and a B prospect works for me

dealing bruce isnt too much of an issue bc as much as i like him you are gonna get 2 picks (likely 1 from a team between picks 15-30 and 1 comp round likely 31-39). i trust our scouting department enough to find me at least one player from those picks comparable to bruce. i know i might not get as good a guy there, but i'm willing to take the risk to get a daniel bard, matt garza, etc type player in hopefully both of those spots

in essence it is not dealing a prospect, but instead delaing 1.5 years of prospect development for zito.

zito for the playoff push and 1st round picks for bruce and a prospect sounds good to me

i would use the same logic on a guy like meche or any other type A free agent to be

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    No offense to our Reds but Maddux has a no trade clause. I don't think he would approve a trade here (I wish he would though). His home is in Vegas. He would probably only approve a trade on the west coast or MAYBE Atlanta.
    He would be going to a winning team and going from Chicago to Cincinnati isnte like he would be moving across the world. Atlanta probably has the best shot at getting him, unless he wants to go to a team that will likely make the playoffs and Atlanta isnt exactly a lock for it.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Zito could be Milton at GABP. No thanks. I would take a Maddux rental. Better than Mays/Claussen/AAA Fodder....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Zito could be Milton at GABP. No thanks. I would take a Maddux rental. Better than Mays/Claussen/AAA Fodder....
    I just think even though he doesn't have what he used to, Maddux still has a lot that can be passed onto the younger arms in the rotation. Plus, it's not like he's exactly washed up neither. I've never really followed Zito, so TC, I'm trusting your keen judgement call on that.

Clemson

true, jake westbrook is the guy to get. 3:1 GB:FB

im afraid of dontrelle's innings and number of pitches but word is they are interested in milledge and bruce is a comparable prospect so i'd try and jump in there too.

Olney:

Yankees in talks right now w/ Philly for a possible Abreu/Leiber deal
    Sorry not trying to hijack, just seems an ideal place for this right now! BTW I like Westbrook also. How about Claussen & Votto for Zito? Assuming we think Zito is a solid guy.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

This weekend is going to be insane with deals. Olney ran down a list of potential deals (none for us), it's nutty right now.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    the only way i would trade for zito is if he signs a new deal.
    The only way I'd trade Bailey for Zito is if he signs a new deal.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Nobody is going to give up a their #1 or #2 prospect for Zito.

1.) He's a free agent after the year.
    2.) He's a free agent who is a Scott Bora client.
    3.) Zito will goto the Yanks for about $20 a year next year as the Yanks will overpay for him.

They will get offered 2 or 3 prospects who should be descent position or relief pitchers. But no Baily's or Mill the guy from the Mets. If the Met's or Reds give up a #1 prospect the GM should be shot.

I was listening to WLW all night from the pre-game until Tracy was finished talking to the kid from Milwaukee, as well as us drunks., and I didn't hear any mention of this. When pitching was brought up during the 2nd inning, they talked about Germano, nothing in details as far as trades.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Zito is that much of a flyball pitcher? Now maybe I'm not so excited.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?