Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor from WLW

Re: Trade rumor from WLW

Westbrook could be had for cheap, Maddux too..Zito..that's a pipe dream.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Reds can land Westbrook, I'm all for it. I haven't heard his name in any trade rumors though.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EKURed
    If the Reds can land Westbrook, I'm all for it. I haven't heard his name in any trade rumors though.
    Westbrook sure must like the cooking in Cleveland or something -- his home/away splits are truly split. If its an Ohio/Non-Ohio thing, I'm cool with bringing him aborad -- otherwise, eh...

10 Home Games, 10 Away Games:

HOME: 2.86 ERA
    AWAY: 6.18 ERA

HOME: .626 OPSA
    AWAY: .829 OPSA
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead
    Nobody is going to give up a their #1 or #2 prospect for Zito.

1.) He's a free agent after the year.
    2.) He's a free agent who is a Scott Bora client.
    3.) Zito will goto the Yanks for about $20 a year next year as the Yanks will overpay for him.

They will get offered 2 or 3 prospects who should be descent position or relief pitchers. But no Baily's or Mill the guy from the Mets. If the Met's or Reds give up a #1 prospect the GM should be shot.
    If Zito is truly on the market, I would be shocked if the A's hadn't heard from the other 31 teams - multiple times.

The demand drives the market and Zito is certainly in demand.

I'd love to trade without giving up Bailey, but I'm not sure how. Maybe something like Votto, Larue, Ward, Germano for Zito and a prospect.

Whatever it might be, it won't be a couple of scrubs.

3.) Zito will goto the Yanks for about $20 a year next year as the Yanks will overpay for him.

I'd be willing to look under my seat cushions for the extra $.50 it would take to outbid the Yanks next year.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I'd rather take a flyer on Odalis Perez then over spend on Zito or go after Lopez.

20 bucks a year, I think we can handle that!

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    I know, but Maddux being my favorite player and the Reds being my favorite team, one can dream I guess. There's always the Xbox to where I can get him on a Reds team

Fox Sports Midwest has reported that Maddux has agreed to be traded to a CONTENDING team prior to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. Top suiters include the Dodgers, Padres and the Brewers.

I can't see why the Reds couldn't join their ranks and just pay cash, thus not jeopardizing our youth of the future. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop55
    Fox Sports Midwest has reported that Maddux has agreed to be traded to a CONTENDING team prior to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. Top suiters include the Dodgers, Padres and the Brewers.

I can't see why the Reds couldn't join their ranks and just pay cash, thus not jeopardizing our youth of the future. Just my opinion though.
    One thing about it, Krinsky keeps a tight lid on anything that he's pondering. If there has ever been a person who could get it done, I believe it's Krivsky

Quote Originally Posted by EKURed
    If the Reds can land Westbrook, I'm all for it.
    that's always been the most likely scenario, IMO. Reds'll take someone that won't allow the ball to go into our outfield.

but Westbrook is a very poor man's Brandon Webb. You don't even want to know what the Reds would probably be willing to give up to get Brandon Webb. It's fortunate for the minor league lovers that Webb is surely unavailable.

Looking at Maddux's stats this season at 8-11; 4.83, he could come in somewhat of a bargain, for any team

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I'd really like to see The Mad Dog in a Reds uni.

Zito, not so much.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Wouldn't mind seeing Maddux for the rest of the season, myself. He could really help some of the young guys on the staff.(Belisle comes to mind)
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    He wants to team with Glavine again, GREAT.
    Or course, they can pool their money together to bribe the umps again.

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Looking at Maddux's stats this season at 8-11; 4.83, he could come in somewhat of a bargain, for any team
    He's veteran who knows how to play the game the right way. I look for the Reds to overpay for him.

Turn Off Ads?