Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Bell to the Brewers.

David Bell to the Brewers.

"I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: David Bell to the Brewers.

I don't get this. Why pick him up after moving Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    I don't get this. Why pick him up after moving Lee?
    Maybe Dan0's calling the shots?

Doesn't David Bell have a fairly large contract?
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Are the Brewers rebuilding or trying to win the Wild Card? Whatever the case, the moves they have done don't make any sense.

because all they had to play 3B was Jeff Cirillo, and he is sub-par defensively

Man Pills

Is Koskie injured?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Doesn't David Bell have a fairly large contract?

4.7 Million this year, and is FA after this season.

This move makes zero sense for the Brewers.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

The Brewers have not given up, far from it. If they had, they would have traded Lee for prospects, insted of fairly expensive players in Cordero and Mench. The Brewers even parted with a good prospect in the deal.

Cordero may even be a rental. He's making $4.5M this year, and the Brewers hold an expensive option. If he doesn't pitch well for the balance of the season, he may well have his option declined.

Not a horrible move for the Brewers. I imagine they're trying to buy some goodwill with their fans as well.

At the end of the season, it's probably pretty safe to offer Bell arbitration. If he accepts, the Brewers can use him or trade him. If he declines, they get free draft picks. It's not as if Bell is going to get 12 million in arb.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

At the end of the season, it's probably pretty safe to offer Bell arbitration. If he accepts, the Brewers can use him or trade him.
    Who would want a 33 year old with a bad back and a lifetime OPS slightly above .700?

I would offer him the door, but never arb.. he's a fill in for all those injuries, if Melvin offers him Arb I'll be shocked.

He'll be set free the day after the season.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Safe to offer Bell arbitration? It'd be safer to have Milton pitch in a phone booth.

Bell's making about $4M? per season, so you'd have to offer him at least $3.2M per season. He'd accept, no question, and then you'd be stuck with a poor hiting thirdbaseman you have no use for, and couldn't be traded without eating salary. No thanks.

Brewers know they couldn't wait if they still want to entertain wildcard thoughts in their heads. They need to take two out of three against the Reds. That is the reason for the moves.....just the same reasoning why Krivsky made the Washington deal to fix the bullpen. They couldn't wait or it could have meant being out of any shot of possibly getting into the playoffs.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Is Koskie injured?
    Koskie suffered a concussion some time ago, and he hasn't been able to shake the effects of it.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    Koskie suffered a concussion some time ago, and he hasn't been able to shake the effects of it.
    I don't know how the heck I missed that. Must have been on vacation I guess. Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?