The REDS have had two "replacement starts" this year... Elizardo Ramiraz on Apr. 24 & Joe Mays on June 21. The results of those games:
(1) Apr. 24 @ Nationals.
* Milton goes on the DL for knee surgery. Ramirez up from AAA.
* Ramirez: 7IP, 6H, 2ER, 4K, 1BB, 0HR.
* REDS win 4-2.
(2) June 21 @ Mets.
* Claussen goes on the DL for sore shoulder. Mays was in the BP after a callup from AAA on June 5.
* Mays: 6IP, 8H, 2ER, 5K, 2BB, 1HR.
* Chris Hammond coughs up 3ER after replacing Mays. Brandon Phillips has a 2R single w/ 2 outs in the 9th to take the lead for the REDS.
* REDS win 6-5.
>> Combined in those starts: 2.77 ERA, 1.31 WHIP. REDS are 2-0.
Replacement starts in 2005?
* 4 of them made (Belisle, Ramirez, Hudson, Keisler). REDS are 3-1.
>> The REDS are 5-1 in "new starter" games over the last two seasons as they enter tonight's game. Not bad!