Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Which current Reds players are up for contract negotiations this offseason?

Question: Which current Reds players are up for contract negotiations this offseason?

Where do Arroyo and Harang stand?

I'm trying to get excited about seasons to come and our pitching staff, but you never know who is going to bolt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question: Which current Reds players are up for contract negotiations this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    Where do Arroyo and Harang stand?

I'm trying to get excited about seasons to come and our pitching staff, but you never know who is going to bolt.

As far a Arroyo goes, His contract with the Redsox when we acquired him, was a three year deal, through 2008, worth about $12 million.

Re: Question: Which current Reds players are up for contract negotiations this offseason?

I'd bet Harang gets a 3 year deal in the offseason based on his growth over the last two. Probably sometihng in the 3 year 15m range total.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Here is a quick break down for next year

Under Contract:
    Griffey, Milton, Dunn, LaRue, Arroyo, Freel, Hatteberg

Now with this next section I need some help. Maybe someone can go through and figure out who will be going to arbitration and who is still obligated to the Reds.
    Not Yet Reached FA:
    Harang, Ross, Claussen, Majewski, Belisle, Coffey, Encarnacion, Bray, Denorfia, Germano, Phillips, Ramirez, Shackelford, Standridge

Options:
    Aurilia (2M mutual option), Castro (1M)

FA:
    Guardado, Wilson, Weathers, Merker, Clayton,

Not sure about:
    Gosling, Burns, Balfour, Valentin

Re: Question: Which current Reds players are up for contract negotiations this offsea

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k
    Here is a quick break down for next year

Under Contract:
    Griffey, Milton, Dunn, LaRue, Arroyo, Freel, Hatteberg

Now with this next section I need some help. Maybe someone can go through and figure out who will be going to arbitration and who is still obligated to the Reds.
    Not Yet Reached FA:
    Harang, Ross, Claussen, Majewski, Belisle, Coffey, Encarnacion, Bray, Denorfia, Germano, Phillips, Ramirez, Shackelford, Standridge

Options:
    Aurilia (2M mutual option), Castro (1M)

FA:
    Guardado, Wilson, Weathers, Merker, Clayton,

Not sure about:
    Gosling, Burns, Balfour, Valentin

I think Ross, Coffey, Encarnacion, Bray, Deno, Ramirez, Germano, Shack, and Standridge can all be renewed while the rest should be arbitration eligible

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

JaxRed's web site is by far the best I've seen for this sort of thing:

http://www.redsinsite.com/

Mercker and Weathers should be gone, IMO.

Re: Question: Which current Reds players are up for contract negotiations this offsea

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    Mercker and Weathers should be gone, IMO.
    they probably will both retire, IMO.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

GOREDSGO32

Mercker talked as if this was his last year, he said next year he'll be on the DL in some country club.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I'd bet Harang gets a 3 year deal in the offseason based on his growth over the last two. Probably sometihng in the 3 year 15m range total.
    Aaron Harang will make FAR more than that. If he keeps up his current pace, he'll post the best pitching numbers by a Reds starter in 15 years. You'll have to go back to Danny Jackson in '88, or a couple of Jose Rijo's early 90's years to equal the numbers Harang will likely put up.

For christ's sake, even Eric (bleeping) Milton signed for $25.5 over 3 years. One positive move from the perspective of owners throughout baseball was Josh Beckett's contract - he signed for "only" $30 mill over 3 years.

My guess is he'll make somewhere in the neighborhood of what Milton got.

Quote Originally Posted by PTI (pti)
    Aaron Harang will make FAR more than that. If he keeps up his current pace, he'll post the best pitching numbers by a Reds starter in 15 years. You'll have to go back to Danny Jackson in '88, or a couple of Jose Rijo's early 90's years to equal the numbers Harang will likely put up.

For christ's sake, even Eric (bleeping) Milton signed for $25.5 over 3 years. One positive move from the perspective of owners throughout baseball was Josh Beckett's contract - he signed for "only" $30 mill over 3 years.

My guess is he'll make somewhere in the neighborhood of what Milton got.
    I agree. I thought Joseph's number was accurate had we pulled the trigger last year (as I promoted around May '05), but now, I'd love to see a 4-year $32 Mil contract...thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    I agree. I thought Joseph's number was accurate had we pulled the trigger last year (as I promoted around May '05), but now, I'd love to see a 4-year $32 Mil contract...thoughts?
    Harang's worth it, and they'll have some extra jack floating around due to the Kearns/Lopez deal.

Looks like Wayne took a look at what he would rather have, and chose Harang.

It's a great move for '07.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Harang's worth it, and they'll have some extra jack floating around due to the Kearns/Lopez deal.

Looks like Wayne took a look at what he would rather have, and chose Harang.

It's a great move for '07.

The number I was thinking was 3 years and $20-25 million - but Harang just continues to improve. I would be hesitant to do a 4-year deal (before Pedro's 4-year deal with New York, I think the previous 4-year deal was all the way back when Chan Ho Park signed with Texas), but a 3-year deal with a club option for year 4 would work.

Whatever they do, they need to do it QUICK. Even though Arroyo went to the All-Star game, I've always thought Harang was the ace of the staff. The guy is an absolute bulldog - and *never* seems to tire. Signing him to a big extension would make a solid commitment to the future success of this ballclub. Arroyo is locked up thru '08, Ramirez has shown he's a quality 3rd/4th pitcher, and Bailey will be with the big club by next year.

Good lord - I thought I'd *NEVER* be talking about the depth of the Reds' pitching staff.....but I like it!

How u doin

Arroyo so far has just been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08
    Arroyo so far has just been lucky.

Whatever.

I like our first three starters - Harang, Arroyo, and Ramirez. And Milton hasn't been nearly as bad this year as he was last year. A future with Bailey and maybe someone we trade for makes this look promising. And our bullpen is getting stronger.

Turn Off Ads?