Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next Generation

Re: The Next Generation

Reporters teased Ty Wigginton about the "shower in Evian" reference. To wit, Wigginton replied with tongue firmly in cheek: "Actually, we all get individually scrubbed from the trainers. I go back there and sit in a big Jacuzzi [and the trainers] give us a sponge bath."
    Delmon must have pulled out his voodoo doll of Ty and stuck a pin in the hand. I see Wigginton broke his hand today. Oops. Looks like a roster spot just opened up
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bottom_feeder

If Tampa is so down on them, I wish they'd send them here.
    Because after all, we're short on lazy, disrespectful, self-absorbed, math-challenged, short-tempered, rule-breaking, sewer-water smelling know-it-all's.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Gee, I wonder what's holding them back from the majors?
    Quote Originally Posted by USAToday
    Young, 20, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound right fielder, was suspended 50 games in April by the International League for throwing a bat at an umpire.

Dukes, a 6-2, 240-pound left fielder, has been suspended twice by the Devil Rays — the first time for one week and the second for two weeks — for fights and/or arguments with a teammate and coach.

Upton, 21, a 6-3, 180-pound shortstop, was arrested in June for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

"Its embarrassing," Upton says. "Those things shouldn't have happened. Not to me. Not to Delmon. Not to Elijah. Then we get lumped together and people have this perception of us.

Dukes, the oldest of the trio at 22, laughs and shakes his head. Trouble? He may be the king. He has been suspended four times the last two years, and was ejected five times last year and twice this year.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Sounds like the Eggs need to break up that trio.

Richie Allen, Alex Johnson and Reggie Jackson ought to make quite a team
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by bottom_feeder
    I. What exactly have the Devils given them? They've trapped them in the minors.
    Why should the Devil Rays "give" them anything? This isn't Christmas for 5 year old kids - this is a major business.

My question is what have these three earned? From this article, it sounds like they are spoiled brats who have earned some more time in the minors while they grow up.

Physically, they may be good enough to earn promotions to "the show" but their apparent lack of maturity is more than enough to keep them where they are until they prove they can handle the big leagues?

I hope Tampa continues to "give" them what they deserve.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If they succeeded in offending Rays ownership, they'll probably get the thing that inspired them to vent in the first place, which is a trade. I wonder if their agent(s) might be behind this "childish" campaign.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?