Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record when Narron is ejected?

Can he be stopped?

Record when Narron is ejected?

I know this was Jerry's 4th time getting tossed this year, and if I remember correctly, they won the first 2 games after he was ejected. Did they win the third game as well? Because the reds are either 3-1 or 4-0 when Jerry gets tossed. Say what you want about him, but he is passionate about the game, and he'll get kicked out for his players every time. Plus, he just looks hardcore when he's pissed.

Say hello to my new desktop background:

While i'm here, some other notable pictures from the game

Don't worry Ryan, Jerry's got your back

Last sighting of Wise in a Reds uniform

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Record when Narron is ejected?

awfully close to contact there.

What poster does the caption contests? This is great material.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Saw one of those tonight. I love it. I can't explain it, I just get all giddy when I see that. Even though I can not stand Carl Everett, his tirade in Boston ranks as my number one.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

You have to hand it to Narron for protecting his players. I can't help but kind of laugh when he goes off though. He runs out there with that straight face and then just explodes with that head bobbing. Great stuff.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue

"Get in my belly!"

Interesting that the ump started moving towards Narron while they were arguing, forcing Jerry to backpedal. Perhaps the ump wanted to initiate contact so JN would get more than a 1 game suspension?

Kudos to Narron for picking the "right" moment to fire up his ballclub. (I would've dropped an "Eric Gregg" on that ump's definition of the outside corner...)
    Never overlook the obvious

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue

Apparently Mentos is not the freshmaker.

Does someone have a clip of this?Because espn showed highlights of game but didn't show it.Of course they showed Dusty Baker's ejection,go figure.Narron was all up in that umps grill lol.He seems like a person who it takes alot to get angry,but when they do you better watch out.I'm sure the players appreciated it seeing their skipper raising hell with that umpire.

I think they lost the last one, so he's 3-1. My son and I were at the game. That ump was the worst and not just with us. He was just terrible. I fully expected Ned Yost to get the heaveho too.

Video anyone?

"Never touch my daughter ever again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Saw one of those tonight. I love it. I can't explain it, I just get all giddy when I see that. Even though I can not stand Carl Everett, his tirade in Boston ranks as my number one.
    I have to disagree, these all seem so staged. Narron ran out all cool and composed after he was initially tossed. Then all of a sudden he goes nuts.
    I've seen pro wrestlers put on a better act. I think Jerry just wanted to go down to the air conditioned clubhouse and take a nap.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red
    I have to disagree, these all seem so staged. Narron ran out all cool and composed after he was initially tossed. Then all of a sudden he goes nuts.
    I've seen pro wrestlers put on a better act. I think Jerry just wanted to go down to the air conditioned clubhouse and take a nap.
    You've got to be kidding right?So your saying pro Baseball is tantamount to pro wrestling.

No, baseball is not like pro wrestling, but the arguments seem silly.

I don't think it's possible that Narron was actually that upset, or he wouldn't have calmly jogged out of the dugout.

He had already been thrown out, so he had to go put on a good show for his team to get them going.
    I don't blame him, it was the right thing to do, but it just seemed a little fake to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I don't think it's possible that Narron was actually that upset, or he wouldn't have calmly jogged out of the dugout.

He had already been thrown out, so he had to go put on a good show for his team to get them going.
    I don't blame him, it was the right thing to do, but it just seemed a little fake to me.
    it looked very fake to me as well. I think he did it to turn around the Reds' fortunes. It worked so I can't complain. They were already down 3-1 and these are very, very important games right now, Narron was managing from the clubhouse the whole game anyway.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Well, to be fair, the umpire yelled at him and pointed his finger in his face after Narron walked out calmly. It was only then that Narron blew his top.

Turn Off Ads?