Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 4 bad plays in 2 nights for Clayton!

4 bad plays in 2 nights for Clayton!

I count 5 plays in 2 nights where Clayton should have made the play and didn't. Only one of those got charged with an actual error. The lolly gag play tonight which Dunn contributed to was horrible. He was actually blowing a bubble when he caught Dunn's relay and looked totally disinterested in the runner. Surely Narron and Krivsky realize Clayton was not a defensive improvement. How long before they make him a bench player and start Castro or bring up Olmedo?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: 4 bad plays in 2 nights for Clayton!

You know, they cut Tony Womack earlier in the season. But they actually traded for this mongrel. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan
    I count 5 plays in 2 nights where Clayton should have made the play and didn't. Only one of those got charged with an actual error. The lolly gag play tonight which Dunn contributed to was horrible. He was actually blowing a bubble when he caught Dunn's relay and looked totally disinterested in the runner. Surely Narron and Krivsky realize Clayton was not a defensive improvement. How long before they make him a bench player and start Castro or bring up Olmedo?
    I think that something will be done before Monday. I would also imagine that Castro will start on Sunday.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

But he's much better than Lopez
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Boy do I miss Felipe.
    This place use to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr
    Boy do I miss Felipe.
    at least he can hit.

I know it;s been discussed before, but I think we would've stood a better chance tonight with Aurillia at Short, and EE at third. Or evne Castro at short i an upgrade offensively and defensively. Clayton's hitting .105 in the last week!

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg39
    Clayton's hitting .105 in the last week!
    regression to the mean. He has NEVER been a good offensive player, period. He is the RH SS version of Tony Womack.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    regression to the mean. He has NEVER been a good offensive player, period. He is the RH SS version of Tony Womack.
    Agreed upon 100%

Agreed upon 100%
    Like I said when the trade went down, I would have been happier if it was a 7 player trade(minus Clayton).

I know it;s been discussed before, but I think we would've stood a better chance tonight with Aurillia at Short, and EE at third. Or evne Castro at short i an upgrade offensively and defensively. Clayton's hitting .105 in the last week!
    Phillips to SS Aurilia at 2nd and EE at 3rd.
    Go Gators!

Do all you guys begging to play EE realize just how bad a .903 fielding % is for a 3rd baseman? Its the worst in all of MLB for any starting 3b. As far as shortstops go, Clayton has the 6th best % in all of MLB.

Look at past championship teams and you will notice the managers place more value on defense and pitching than offense. This isnt the Reds we have seen the past few years. Sure its fun to watch EE bat, but he makes 1 error per 30 innings, thats unacceptable for a 3b. Plus, if you remove hishot April where he had 20+ rbis hes been an average hitter.

Is he a future allstar? Possibly.

Would I rather win some games in 2006 or watch him cut his teeth? Id rather win.

Turn Off Ads?