Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Espn insider

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Espn insider

ESPN's Jayson Stark believes the Yankees will acquire Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle from the Phillies for 2005 first-round pick C.J. Henry and right-hander Steven White.

The Phillies could likely get better prospects for Lidle alone, but that so clearly isn't the point. Abreu's no-trade clause may or may not be a stumbling block. The Yankees are apparently prepared to pick up his $16 million option for 2008 in order to keep him happy, though it's not guaranteed that Abreu wouldn't want more to sign off on the deal. In taking Abreu's contract, the Yankees would be employing about $100 million more in talent than any other team in baseball. If they can win under those circumstances, well, Joe Torre really must be a genius.
    Source: ESPN Insider

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Espn insider

Man, if this happens, joe wont even have to show up to the games. just hand them the trophy now!

i cant wait to see them not even make the playoffs.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny
    Man, if this happens, joe wont even have to show up to the games. just hand them the trophy now!

I hear ya. On a related note, I can't wait to go play in the sun today so I can get all wet from the rain.

THAT is pathetic, if true, utterly pathetic.....i mean the Phillies do not need to dump his salary. BA can fetch you way better stuff than what the Yankess are offering.

You can get Lidle for about that much.....How about Wang, Cano and Cabrera for BA. That would see about right to me?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonny
    I'm hoping to see that too. $100 million more than any other team and sitting at home in October.

For a guy who's hit 14 home runs over the past year, is guaranteed $15 million next year, has a complete NTC, and is insisting his $16 million option for '08 be guaranteed before he'll agree to a trade? No one else wants in on that. No one. The Yankees are the only team in baseball who would be willing to give up anything at all for him, and they're only doing it because they've got a KC reject playing RF and Lidle comes with him. And because, every left handed hitter is a power hitter playing half his games in Yankee Stadium.

Yankee$ ba$eball

The NY papers are reporting it too. Sounds like it could be going down today.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

now this is status quo
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Turn Off Ads?