Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumors Sources

Rumors Sources

I know a lot of people claim to have Source's and post trade rumors. My question is who are the reliable ones and and which rumor came true?
    Enquiring minds gotta know.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rumors Sources

Big Donkey was one I think. Brooklyn Red I think just to name two off the top of my head.

Team Clark for sure and i thought Marc D was?

I don't claim to have a source, but where I work we had a drug overview program to introduce our new drug policy. The father of Rockies pitcher Aaron Cooke was one of the guys introducing the program and he has a picture of his son in a slide show. He said that his son told him, after his contract is up, that he's going to try and work out a deal with the Reds so he can "come back home" or something. Thought that was interesting.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Big Donkey was pretty darn credible. Marc D was on the money a few times.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

At the same time. The trades that have gone down, I don't remember any rumors of those trades until the bomb was dropped.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

hasn't Brooklyn Redz called a few trades before they happened?

Yes he has reliable source.
    Quote Originally Posted by top6
    hasn't Brooklyn Redz called a few trades before they happened?

How long until Aaron Cook's contract runs out?
    And this one belongs to the Reds!

some people get their rumors from the newspapers and say they have "sources."

Brooklyn Redz is very credible and obviously has some inside knowledge. There are others as well, but not many.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Fuel
    I don't claim to have a source, but where I work we had a drug overview program to introduce our new drug policy. The father of Rockies pitcher Aaron Cooke was one of the guys introducing the program and he has a picture of his son in a slide show. He said that his son told him, after his contract is up, that he's going to try and work out a deal with the Reds so he can "come back home" or something. Thought that was interesting.

He does want to pitch for the Reds. I have been told that by one of his best friends... I think he has a 3 year contract...
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr
    He does want to pitch for the Reds. I have been told that by one of his best friends... I think he has a 3 year contract...
    How about trading for him....today.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr
    I think he has a 3 year contract...
    http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...o-rockies.html

Aaron Cook p
    2 years/$4.55M (2006-07), plus $4.5M 2008 club option

re-signed 1/06 (avoided arbitration)
    $0.1M signing bonus
    06:$1.2M, 07:$3.05M, 08:$4.5M club option ($0.2M buyout)
    2008 club option guaranteed at $5M with 400 IP 2006-07

He's pitched 139.1 innings this season.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

How u doin

Who knows

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

FWIW, many of the people with the best sources probably aren't going to tell us who those sources are, lest they lose those people as sources... and as friends.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?