Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watson recalled

Watson recalled

According to Lancaster
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watson recalled

That's what I figured. Germano down, a bat up and then back down when Claussen comes up to pitch Saturday.

I don't think this tells anything. Watson can be easily sent back or DFA'd at any time to accomodate a new player from the inside (Claussen) or the outside (trade). Just fills up the 25 man roster for today and tomorrow.

Maybe a trade isn't as imminent as we thought it was.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
    Atlanta Braves Placed third baseman Chipper Jones on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique; transferred outfielder Brian Jordan to the 60-day disabled list; designated pitcher Jorge Sosa for assignment.

I am wondering could the Reds get Jorge Sosa fairly cheap. The Reds have Wise on DFA. Would a Wise for Sosa trade work or at least be the basis for a multi player trade? Watson could still be optioned back to AAA if needed. The Reds have only 38 Men on the 40 man Roster.

I've had the feeling all along that any trade the Reds make will come tomorrow, not today. I still think that Kriv is wheeling and dealing.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Actually, looking at this guys career numbers, there is now way he's up here for any length of time, yikes. If anything this makes me more sure that they'll make a move tonight or tomorrow.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Maybe at second glance he's just a one and done for the Reds, that way they play with a 25 man roster today.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

He is just buying some time till Monday's deadline.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    I've had the feeling all along that any trade the Reds make will come tomorrow, not today. I still think that Kriv is wheeling and dealing.
    Stands to reason since tomorrow is an off day for the team... Kriv will probably have a phone to each ear...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Stands to reason since tomorrow is an off day for the team... Kriv will probably have a phone to each ear...
    You have to admit it is exciting this year to be a buyer instead of a seller.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Jerry on the pregame on how long Watson will be here...

"You never know, it could be all year..."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Jerry on the pregame on how long Watson will be here...

"You never know, it could be all year..."
    Yep. Jerry could have him hitting cleanup for the rest of the season. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Yep. Jerry could have him hitting cleanup for the rest of the season. You never know.
    :ughmamoru

According to the Reds roster on mlb.com, Brandon Watson is wearing #00, formerly worn by the illustrious Rick White. (And prior to that, by Curtis Goodwin.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?