Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Game Thread - REDS @ BREWERS (Again No EE!)

GOREDSGO32

Re: 7/30 Game Thread - REDS @ BREWERS (Again No EE!)

3 run HR. I'm turning this crap off. Seriously, if we expect to win a wild card how do you play like this?

2. Turn Off Ads?

BALLGAME!

Now let's see what they do by 4pm tomorrow. They need a starter and a bat. We'll see if they get either...

agreed, Harang was at 107 pitches, why not go to the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370
    Brady Clark is living proof that Jim Bowden can't evaluate baseball talent. Not to mention Paul O'Neil!
    The more I watch Clark, the more I think he is a bush league player. It's amazing how many times he gets away with moving that padded elbow into the path of a pitch. I lost all respect of him when he drilled Ross at home plate with his back turned to him. I'd love to see a Reds pitcher put a fastball in his back. Too bad Arroyo missed the one time he tried, I think he's the only Reds pitcher who actually protects his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    3 run HR. I'm turning this crap off. Seriously, if we expect to win a wild card how do you play like this?
    Play like what? They are facing one of the best pitchers in the league. Harang doesn't have his best stuff today, it happens. This game is far from over.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg39
    agreed, Harang was at 107 pitches, why not go to the pen.
    Damn Narron does it again. What's wrong with a starter pitching 6 solid innings? He pulled that crap with Milton a couple weeks ago. Stupid. :thumbdown
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    The more I watch Clark, the more I think he is a bush league player. It's amazing how many times he gets away with moving that padded elbow into the path of a pitch. I lost all respect of him when he drilled Ross at home plate with his back turned to him. I'd love to see a Reds pitcher put a fastball in his back. Too bad Arroyo missed the one time he tried, I think he's the only Reds pitcher who actually protects his teammates.
    I actually agree with you on that. Clark and Biggio are the same way. People hate Bonds for the armor but they give players like Clark and Biggio a free pass because they are scrappy.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Damn Narron does it again. What's wrong with a starter pitching 6 solid innings?
    Harang is the ace of the staff and is putting up numbers that puts him up there with the best in the league. It makes plenty of sense that you have enough confidence to stick with him.

keep playing larue, thats the ticket

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Harang is the ace of the staff and is putting up numbers that puts him up there with the best in the league. It makes plenty of sense that you have enough confidence to stick with him.
    Good thing you're not the manager is the only think I can think to say without insulting your intelligence.

100+ pitches TO BEGIN THE INNING, first two batters get hits to lead off the 7th inning, guy up is 2 for 3 off Harang, next guy is a LH hitter, shall I go on?
    Poor.Poor.Poor.

Well, Tackleberry's coming in, so now I guess we can concede the ballgame

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    Narron also runs out there Larue and Castro against the Cerv-blah-blahs-os, or whatever they are that day's ace pitcher. Great job skip.

I'm so happy and thankful for no more trips into Milwaukee. I hate watching games there...even when the Reds win...

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    I agree.... Larue now down to .195! Two strikeouts, and his intentional walk was to get to the only slightly lower average of Aaron Harang....

As I said the other day ( http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49300 ) we HAVE to get rid of one of these catchers. No consistency. Also can't be good for morale. I can't help but wonder how Ross's numbers would hold up if he was playing more....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Well, Tackleberry's coming in, so now I guess we can concede the ballgame
    I stand corrected, he made it through without a scratch

Turn Off Ads?